cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v14 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Oculus Link

• A new button on Dash allows to you quickly exit Oculus Link to go back to the Quest Home screen.
  • Important note: This PTC software is not compatible with the Oculus Link feature on Oculus Quest if your Quest is still on software version v12 or lower. The v13 software update is rolling out to Quest currently, which will enable you to utilize Link on both PC software version v13 and this v14 PTC. We continue to work on improving this experience in future releases. Thanks for your patience!

Miscellaneous

• Various bug fixes and stability improvements
147 REPLIES 147

morphee7
Expert Protege
@TomCgcmfc sorry but i have a asus ROG Strix 1080ti with 2 DP's 2 HDMI'S and 1 VGA, i also can only have the monitor set to DP 1.1 as it wont run at 1.2 in the port its in but it will run at 1.2 if i put the monitor in the rift s port now i also have another 2650x1440 at 60Hz in one of the HDMI ports but i only use that for discord and when i didnt have VR i used it for slobs and twitch chat and by the specs of the 1080ti it dont come close to what is capable with this card

ElusiveMarlin
Rising Star
I am runing the V14 latest patch since the weekend, and am not having any tracking issues or stuttering, but have twice seen the static flash of old.

This is over a period of 8 hours gameplay,  so nowhere near as bad as it was, but I had not had the flashes for a few months until this latest update,

RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

morphee7 said:

@TomCgcmfc sorry but i have a asus ROG Strix 1080ti with 2 DP's 2 HDMI'S and 1 VGA, i also can only have the monitor set to DP 1.1 as it wont run at 1.2 in the port its in but it will run at 1.2 if i put the monitor in the rift s port now i also have another 2650x1440 at 60Hz in one of the HDMI ports but i only use that for discord and when i didnt have VR i used it for slobs and twitch chat and by the specs of the 1080ti it dont come close to what is capable with this card

Wow, I did not think that any gtx1080ti included a VGA, lol!  I don't think it actually has a VGA, probably a dvi-d.

https://www.asus.com/au/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING/specifications/

Also, both DP's should be 1.4.  No gtx1080ti's that I'm aware of have 1x1.2 and 1x 1.4 DP.

Maybe you should try connecting your monitor to your GPU's 2.0 hdmi and then try each DP to give you the best Rift result.

Did you buy this GPU used?  Maybe you got a dud?

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

jab
Rising Star

I am runing the V14 latest patch since the weekend, and am not having any tracking issues or stuttering, but have twice seen the static flash of old.

This is over a period of 8 hours gameplay,  so nowhere near as bad as it was, but I had not had the flashes for a few months until this latest update,

+1 Illuminati confirmed.. 🙂

morphee7
Expert Protege
@TomCgcmfc it was brand new and i didnt think HDMI 2.0 ran more that 60Hz. anyway if i run the rift s without the DP monitor attached to the GPU i still get the white static if i put the rift s i nthe monitor DP slot

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

morphee7 said:

@TomCgcmfc it was brand new and i didnt think HDMI 2.0 ran more that 60Hz. anyway if i run the rift s without the DP monitor attached to the GPU i still get the white static if i put the rift s i nthe monitor DP slot

Ok, I see that this is not going anywhere so I'll just leave you with a good luck and cheers, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Quick heads up for PTC folks - you may see a small PTC update today, but you shouldn't see any noticeable changes. Just a behind-the-scenes bug fix and an updated software certificate.

AF4L
Protege

Quick heads up for PTC folks - you may see a small PTC update today, but you shouldn't see any noticeable changes. Just a behind-the-scenes bug fix and an updated software certificate.

I just got a 14.1 update and was wondering what it was