cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking issues after V13

KOBRI.SECTOR.BG
Protege
Hello guys,

The "tracking lost" bug after waking up is much more infrequent now, however a new one has emerged which is very irritating because it occurs while playing

There are frequent losses of tracking without the "tracking lost" message, just a black screen with the guardian popping up in full intensity and then when tracking is regained and the world is rendered as normal, guardian stays lit for a second or two before fading away

27 REPLIES 27

KOBRI.SECTOR.BG
Protege
The tracking losses aren't that random for me, seems like when the headset heats up after continuous usage the issues increase dramatically in frequency and it becomes almost unplayable

Haven't opened a support ticket yet because I thought it is just a software issue, but if they offer replacements instead of just releasing newer firmware then there might be some hardware problem in older or specific batch of quests

How old is your quest? I got mine in June so it must be from the first batches

OversizeWizard
Protege
Same issue here.  Really annoying.
Also, if I have it in charging while using it watching Netflix, this happens when I pick controllers back up.  Get no pointer so have to reboot quest

KOBRI.SECTOR.BG
Protege
Sorry to hear that.

Hope they manage to fix it without unit replacement

Yobiwan29
Adventurer

Kobri said:

The tracking losses aren't that random for me, seems like when the headset heats up after continuous usage the issues increase dramatically in frequency and it becomes almost unplayable

Haven't opened a support ticket yet because I thought it is just a software issue, but if they offer replacements instead of just releasing newer firmware then there might be some hardware problem in older or specific batch of quests

How old is your quest? I got mine in June so it must be from the first batches

I bought it in july. I really hesitate to send it back.
Oculus Quest 2 & 3 - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge - i9 9900K - 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz - RTX 3080

KOBRI.SECTOR.BG
Protege
Just did a factory reset as advised by the support and guess what, besides losing the progress in all my games there is absolutely no difference, the problem is still there and driving me nuts 😞

I'm starting to suspect there is a hardware issue with older quests and V13 simply excerebrates it, and we will have to get our units replaced en masse which is a bummer

sstredd
Explorer
They offered a replacement for me. I am still quite sure it’s a software issue as I didn’t have any problems until v13. But it could be a combination, mine is a launching Quest. 

KOBRI.SECTOR.BG
Protege
I'm pretty sure it is a thermal issue, because there is an obvious performance throttling and framerate drops considerably, however even the controller tracking suffers somehow

Outrunne33
Protege
I miss the good old Oculus (Rift) days when Oculus staff would visit these forums to address issues like this.  Now it's just constant radio silence.

sstredd
Explorer
V14 is inbound. They just released v14 for rift and riftS. 

KOBRI.SECTOR.BG
Protege
Yep, support confirms that, even though they aren't informed about a certain date

However the more unnerving thing is that they aren't sure if V14 will fix this, guess we will have to wait and see for ourselves...