cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking issues after V13

KOBRI.SECTOR.BG
Protege
Hello guys,

The "tracking lost" bug after waking up is much more infrequent now, however a new one has emerged which is very irritating because it occurs while playing

There are frequent losses of tracking without the "tracking lost" message, just a black screen with the guardian popping up in full intensity and then when tracking is regained and the world is rendered as normal, guardian stays lit for a second or two before fading away

27 REPLIES 27

Yobiwan29
Adventurer

Kobri said:

Just did a factory reset as advised by the support and guess what, besides losing the progress in all my games there is absolutely no difference, the problem is still there and driving me nuts 😞

I'm starting to suspect there is a hardware issue with older quests and V13 simply excerebrates it, and we will have to get our units replaced en masse which is a bummer

You can save the Android/Data folder to your PC before factory reset... Most of savegames are in there. Some new users who have bought their headset in january have the same issue. However I have no idea if it's related to a bad room setup or this firmware bug.
Oculus Quest 2 & 3 - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge - i9 9900K - 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz - RTX 3080

Yobiwan29
Adventurer

sstredd said:

They offered a replacement for me. I am still quite sure it’s a software issue as I didn’t have any problems until v13. But it could be a combination, mine is a launching Quest. 

Are you planning to send it back ? If so, please keep us posted.
Oculus Quest 2 & 3 - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge - i9 9900K - 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz - RTX 3080

sstredd
Explorer

Yobiwan29 said:

sstredd said:

They offered a replacement for me. I am still quite sure it’s a software issue as I didn’t have any problems until v13. But it could be a combination, mine is a launching Quest. 

Are you planning to send it back ? If so, please keep us posted.

I have another 2 weeks to send it back until the offer expires. I am going to wait to see if v14 fixes things. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

sstredd said:

I have another 2 weeks to send it back until the offer expires. I am going to wait to see if v14 fixes things. 

Spoiler:  It doesn't. 

KOBRI.SECTOR.BG
Protege
Damn, they haven't even addressed our issue, but some other:
"Fixed a bug that sometimes caused a temporary black screen after waking the Quest up from a deep sleep."

Not cool at all

Yobiwan29
Adventurer
v14 update fixed the tracking issue here.

sstredd
Explorer
Same. V14 has resolved the issue for me, thank lord carmack.

KOBRI.SECTOR.BG
Protege
Thanks for the feedback guys, that is extremely good news!

Now I can't wait to get the update