New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

[Rift S Review] From CV1 to S

2»

Comments

• Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 475
    Nexus 6
    RedRizla said:
    Basically Oculus Quest will be good for games that have a lot of dark scenes because the Oculus Quest uses Oled displays and Oled is much better at producing blacks then Lcd display's. The Rift S uses Lcd displays that have got more pixles which means less screen door effect, but it isn't as good at producing blacks like Oled displays. So in day scenes the Rift S will look better, but in dark scenes the Oculus Quest would look better due to having better blacks.
    I know all this, I wanted his comparison between the Quest and the CV1.
    Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
    MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 15, Quest Version 15
    Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 4,873 Valuable Player
    edited February 16
    Umpa_PC said:
    RedRizla said:
    Basically Oculus Quest will be good for games that have a lot of dark scenes because the Oculus Quest uses Oled displays and Oled is much better at producing blacks then Lcd display's. The Rift S uses Lcd displays that have got more pixles which means less screen door effect, but it isn't as good at producing blacks like Oled displays. So in day scenes the Rift S will look better, but in dark scenes the Oculus Quest would look better due to having better blacks.
    Banding, latency, text readability (sharpness due to res) and other visual artifacts from streaming would be my main concern with Quest PCVR, but it would be interesting with a thorough comparison with CV1 ss 2.0.
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • dburnedburne Posts: 3,179 Valuable Player
    RedRizla said:
    Umpa_PC said:
    dburne said:
    Yeah in addition to my Rift S I also still have my CV1, and also have Quest with Link.
    I like the Quest for some games that have more darker areas, like Vader Immortal. Have also used Quest with LInk with Asgard's Wrath which looks really good in it. 
    CV1 though has been officially retired and is put away in it's box.
    I only have RiftS and Quest.  Can you give a comparison between the Quest display and the CV1 for me plz.  I would like to know what the differences are and in your opinion which has the better display.  I'm not talking about graphics as the PC will be better, but I mean clarity colour and perceived resolution.
    Cheers

I would agree with that. Vader Immortal looks way better in Quest to me than Rift S.
    Rift S is overall my main gaming headset, but I have no problem using Quest with Link either if needed. Rift S is certainly more comfortable though.

If one were to only go with one device, and PC-Gaming was the main interest, I would get Rift S hands down.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,989 Valuable Player
    edited February 16
    Umpa_PC said:

Yeah, I didn't notice you meant the difference between Oculus CV1 and Oculus Quest, I thought you meant Rift S and Oculus Quest. I think it's fairly obvious though what the differences would be between Oculus CV1 and Oculus Quest though. Oculus CV1 is Oled and so is the Oculus Quest. The Oculus Quest has a higher resolution, so just like on a 2D monitor a higher resolution will produce a sharper image.

I think I read the Oculus Quest is only clearer in the centre where your eyes are focused to help out with processing power. So the pixel round the edges are not as clear, but you don't notice that if your eyes are focused in the middle.
    RedRizla said:
    Umpa_PC said:

Yeah, I didn't notice you meant the difference between Oculus CV1 and Oculus Quest, I thought you meant Rift S and Oculus Quest. I think it's fairly obvious though what the differences would be between Oculus CV1 and Oculus Quest though. Oculus CV1 is Oled and so is the Oculus Quest. The Oculus Quest has a higher resolution, so just like on a 2D monitor a higher resolution will produce a sharper image.

I think I read the Oculus Quest is only clearer in the centre where your eyes are focused to help out with processing power. So the pixel round the edges are not as clear, but you don't notice that if your eyes are focused in the middle.
    The main issue may be super sampling. While we know the awesome benefit ss has for the CV1, how does ss affect Quest? Effects of ss may easily be severely reduced or completely lacking due to the streaming - that's why I'd really like to see some examples of text readability - like the very small date text in Dash - comparing Quest and CV1 ss 2.0. 
    Some say Quest is nice and sharp, some complain about streaming artifacts, I'm starting to think I'm not going to get some real answers until I try the Quest Link myself, lol - but no, I don't think I'll buy a Quest, unless Oculus forces me to do so, I will need a working oled hmd with asw 2.0 support for the near future. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

I have tested Quest with Link in Asgard's Wrath, IL-2, and DCS and have not noticed any streaming artifacts.

Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    edited February 17
    Maybe some these threads are getting old.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/eaxbmw/oculus_link_artifacts/

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/dz9wh6/oculus_link_users_how_are_your_colors/

How about super sampling using Quest Link?

Norm from Tested clearly noticed compression and banding artifacts using Quest Link in Alyx - and the resolution was so bad he couldn't read the fine text on the Alyx' gloves' microchip (which was barely readable using Rift-S and readable using Index) - jump to 17:45 if my timestamp does not work:

They also found Quest very uncomfortable and front-heavy when doing longer play sessions. The piped audio was really bad too. The Quest Link cable hanging out in the front does not look good to me, but maybe that was just due to Tested's preferences - I like having the cable in the back so I don't notice it - or much closer to my throat and chest when placed in the front. Looks like the Link cable could be easy to pull out and detach... 

Now jump to 26:18 for the CV1 - and everyone's amazed and happy, even though it's only 2 sensors ;)

• SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,328
    Project 2501
    edited February 17
    After using Rift S for a long time I agree with OP.

The blacks are terrible. The new Walking Dead game was terrible until I tweaked the ini file but even that just made it brighter but more grey. So now the game is playable but doesn't look right.

In the future I only want to buy HMD's that are OLED. I hope all future HMD's are OLED from Oculus and all other manufacturer's. 

They need to stop compromising and start giving us what we want/require/need! lol
    UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
    edited February 17
    After using Rift S for a long time I agree with OP.

The blacks are terrible. The new Walking Dead game was terrible until I tweaked the ini file but even that just made it brighter but more grey. So now the game is playable but doesn't look right.

In the future I only want to buy HMD's that are OLED. I hope all future HMD's are OLED from Oculus and all other manufacturer's. 

They need to stop compromising and start giving us what we want/require/need! lol

In some months we'll all end up using 3080 Tis and Vive Pros with Knuckles  :D
    I really tried getting S&S to work with the Index by adjusting brightness, but I simply couldn't find the right balance, it was either too gray or too bright. And everytime I put on the CV1 I kept thinking "this is how it's meant to be played, this looks perfect". I'd gladly sacrifice some visibility for proper blacks (and most textures in S&S are quite low-res anyway, they don't really profit from Index). 

edited February 17
    RuneSR2 said:
    Maybe some these threads are getting old.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/eaxbmw/oculus_link_artifacts/

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/dz9wh6/oculus_link_users_how_are_your_colors/

How about super sampling using Quest Link?

Norm from Tested clearly noticed compression and banding artifacts using Quest Link in Alyx - and the resolution was so bad he couldn't read the fine text on the Alyx' gloves' microchip (which was barely readable using Rift-S and readable using Index) - jump to 17:45 if my timestamp does not work:

They also found Quest very uncomfortable and front-heavy when doing longer play sessions. The piped audio was really bad too. The Quest Link cable hanging out in the front does not look good to me, but maybe that was just due to Tested's preferences - I like having the cable in the back so I don't notice it - or much closer to my throat and chest when placed in the front. Looks like the Link cable could be easy to pull out and detach... 

Now jump to 26:18 for the CV1 - and everyone's amazed and happy, even though it's only 2 sensors ;)
    SS seems to work fine with Quest Link on my end.
    Can't comment on Alyx, as well it is not out yet...
    ;) 

Yes Quest is not as comfortable as my Rift S, but I have no problem using it for extended play. The only thing that bothers me is how warm it gets when untethered - hooked up via Link it does not get warm like that.
    As far as comfort I would rank:
    #1 - Rift S
    #2 - Rift CV1
    #3 - Quest

None are at the point of keeping me from using it though. I do much prefer the Halo headband of the Rift S.
    My CV1 = permanently retired.
    Don

edited February 24
    Just trying to share the CV1 love - for those who get it  B)

My review on Cv1/Quest/Rift S

I've had all the headsets and had a lot of thoughts about VR and Oculus' devices in common. My personal experience is mine and if you have different opinion just post it here aswell.

CV1

1. Best tracking out of all. 3 sensors can track behind your back, literally everywhere.

2. Nice quality plastic. I've thrown controllers a couple of times with a force of a baseball and they still work well and come in one piece. Had no problems.

3. Mechanical IPD. Nothing else to add here.

4. A bit worse screen but it has decent refresh rate of 90 Hz.

5. Lightweight. Only 450-470 grams. You can play most of fast paced and physically demanding games like Thrill of fight, Creed rise to glory, beat saber etc with no problems. It doesn't feel like a brick on your head.

6. Nice headphones. (But easy to break)

7. Wire breaks after about a year of use.

Verdict: Still using

Oculus quest

1. Standalone

2. Front heavy and weights 570 grams. Made me feel sick and gave me severe headache a couple of times.

3. Only 72-75 Hz framerate. It's not that noticeable but sometimes in fast paced games literally breaks the immersion.

4. Face cover is too big and i had to tighten straps sometimes to get FOV at least of CV1.

5. Seemingly worse FOV.

6. Screen colors better than Rift S

7. Oculus Link tracking and latency felt far more inferior to me compared to CV1. Latency literally kills any competitive game.

8. Better screen resolution. More pixels than Rift S but not as much subpixels.

9. Mechanical IPD. Nothing else to add here.

10. Link's encoding gives tons of glitches especially on dark surfaces.

Verdict: sold to my friend

Oculus Rift S

1. Worse screen than Quest, but has more subpixels and refresh rate (80). But much better than CV1 except for colors. Can't give you the real "black" color in dark scenes.

2. No visual problems like glitches, encoding problems like quest had.

3. The same weight as Quest but it's not face heavy and origin is whereit's supposed to be.

4. Same tracking as quest, far inferior compared to CV1.

5. No need to install sensors (but i didn't feel it to be a big problem)

6. No mechanical IPD (I have 69 and i couldn't use it for too long).

7. The same plastic Quest had. Controllers are the same. Extermely easy to break.

8. That huge strap feels weird and gives extra weight. I had to replace it to DYI for some time.

Verdict: Sold to Avito guy

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/f8s27n/my_review_on_cv1questrift_s/

The dude forgot ss - the most important thing about CV1 is how good it still looks using ss 2.0. Or above - for the few super-ss-feinschmeckers out there - but then you'll easily end up with forcing a res like 2-3 x the Reverb lol. 

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,559 Volunteer Moderator
    edited February 24
    I get it, I just don't agree with it. My CV1 hasn't been used since gettng the S.... more than that, I've used the S far more and for longer sessions. That guy has a 69 IPD and I suspect that has a greater affect on him than other things he's listed. Either way I prefer the LCD colours than those of my Quest OLEDs slight over-saturation. He also doesn't mention lens comparisons, big reduction in rays for the S in high contrast scenes over CV1.

Big strap feels wierd? that's a new one and sounds I bit like list filler to me.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18363.719)
    I get it, I just don't agree with it. My CV1 hasn't been used since gettng the S.... more than that, I've used the S far more and for longer sessions. That guy has a 69 IPD and I suspect that has a greater affect on him than other things he's listed. Either way I prefer the LCD colours than those of my Quest OLEDs slight over-saturation. He also doesn't mention lens comparisons, big reduction in rays for the S in high contrast scenes over CV1.

Big strap feels wierd? that's a new one and sounds I bit like list filler to me.
    Same here, CV1 got retired permanently one I got the Rift S.
    Been using the Rift S mostly daily since getting it last May. No way could I use the CV1 again.
    Don

edited February 24
    Agreed to some degree, I would be less happy for the CV1 if I didn't have the Index to fill the holes. In short having both a more high-res lcd hmd and a good old (Gen1) oled hmd work wonders these days. The hmd I use depends on the game I want to play. 

• BeastyBaiterBeastyBaiter Posts: 810
    3Jane
    For me:

CV1:
    1) Good built in audio
    2) Comfortable but a little tight with glasses
    3) Best tracking
    4) Worst screens
    5) Clunkiest setup
    6) Too many USB ports used
    7) No pass through camera

Rift S:
    1) Best screens despite worst black levels
    2) Pass through camera is very useful and easily accessed
    3) Quick and simple setup
    4) Uses single USB port
    5) Generally good tracking but slightly worse than CV1
    6) Uncomfortable halo design and poorly secures to head (lots of screen bounce when moving)
    7) Worst audio by a huge margin (effectively unusable, might as well not have it at all)
    Status: Main VR headset used (I use wireless headphones and a motorcycle helmet liner with it)

Quest:
    1) Most portable
    2) Most comfortable with glasses despite weight increase over CV1
    3) Hilariously easy setup
    4) Good screens with excellent black levels, lacks clarity of Rift S though
    5) Audio is laptop speaker level and thus worse than even cheapest headphones, still beats Rift S by a lot though
    6) Good tracking but worst of the lot, much better than WMR headsets
    7) No pass through camera except during setup or if leaving play area
    8) Buggy with bluetooth devices
    9) Truly awful game selection
    Status: Collecting dust, should probably ebay it due to lack of games

edited February 24

I found the Oculus CV1 to be extremely comfortable for those who don't wear glasses and using a PV Cover from VR cover. The setup took me no more than 10 mins on the CV1 and I haven't had to set it up again until I decided to move my sensors to a different wall. I purchased a powered USB Hub and plugged the CV1 sensors and headset USB into that, which freed up all the other USB ports on my PC.

Rift S, I found the Halo design to be really comfortable probably even more comfortable than the CV1. Found the tracking to be no where near as good as CV1 tracking due to losing tracking behind you. Agree with the other things you mention about Rift S.
  • BeastyBaiterBeastyBaiter Posts: 810
    3Jane
    I've been bouncing between hotel rooms and my apartment for the past year, so setting up a new play area is a weekly occurrence for me. Thus 10 minute setup + 2 extra items in my carry on bag vs 1 minute setup and just a headset is kind of a big deal for me and the primary reason I bought it over the Index.

As for the halo design, it fits some people well (or people claim) but not others. For me, it puts nearly 100% of the weight + about 20x that in tensioning pressure on a on a 1 inch strip of my forehead. Obviously, that's not very comfortable. The thick helmet liner helps a little, but still not anywhere close to the Quest's comfort. And even with that much pressure, it still bounces all over the place in games like beat saber and creed. The top head strap might as well not exist, even at near full tension, it doesn't actually take any weight. Not that it would matter due to the bouncing headset issue. All the pressure is from torquing the headset down so it doesn't fly off my head or spin around sideways when slowly and gently rotating my head around.

Problem is the headset is it lacks the back of skull support the CV1 and Quest have. The CV1 and Quest have that ring/triangle thing in the back which cradles the skull, providing both vertical and lateral stability with minimal pressure. It's a design with inherit stability. The halo rides near the top of the head and relies exclusively on  tension to hold itself in place. Additionally, since it's near the top of the head, both front and rear contact points are sloped inwards on my head, thus making it so that unless extremely tight, tightening the headset tends to slide it upwards and off my head. It's a really awful design tbh and while it may work for some, it's ideal for no one from a simple mechanical standpoint.

The halo design has only a single advantage, it's ability to quickly be resized between different users. In that regard, the CV1/Quest/Index design can't compete.
    RedRizla said:

I found the Oculus CV1 to be extremely comfortable for those who don't wear glasses and using a PV Cover from VR cover. The setup took me no more than 10 mins on the CV1 and I haven't had to set it up again until I decided to move my sensors to a different wall. I purchased a powered USB Hub and plugged the CV1 sensors and headset USB into that, which freed up all the other USB ports on my PC.

Rift S, I found the Halo design to be really comfortable probably even more comfortable than the CV1. Found the tracking to be no where near as good as CV1 tracking due to losing tracking behind you. Agree with the other things you mention about Rift S.

I set up CV1 in 2017 and have not moved the sensors since. Once told the kids that I took a shortcut through the cemetery, and suddenly I came upon a fresh little grave. The tombstone said: "Here lies little Albert, he moved an Oculus Rift sensor"  :D Ok, just joking - but the kids know that Dad won't appreciate if they move the sensors  ;) 

I'm only fond of CV1 when using high levels of ss. I don't think I could use the CV1 if I was forced to low levels of ss (like 1.0 :# ) - so CV1 needs a lot of gpu power, I'm probably pushing my gpu using CV1 ss 2.0 more than Reverb res 100% users - or similarly... 

edited February 26
    @BeastyBaiter - I see why setting up Oculus CV1 is a problem for you because you are moving places a lot. It's not what I would call hard to set up if you are in one place or at home though. Like I already mentioned, I have only had to set it up twice in the 3 years I've had my Oculus CV1 and that was due to me moving my sensors. 

I also find many people like the Halo design when looking at these forums and I myself found it to be extremely comfortable. I also see that a lot of people complain about Oculus Quest being uncomfortable and have modded it with different things people are selling to try and make it more comfortable. I think there's around 4 or 5 different things that people are selling to try and stop the Oculus Quest feeling too front heavy atm.

I actually found Oculus CV1 to be uncomfortable due to the material used on the face plate. It only became really comfortable for me when I purchased the PV Cover from VR cover. 
    edited February 26
    PS. Forgot to mention that I've used glasses inside the CV1 like forever - but my glasses are only like 130mm wide - I use the same glasses in the Index. Never had any problems with that - no scratched lenses. I was lucky with the Index, maybe, because when dialing in the Index lenses to maximize fov then the rubber band surrounding the Index lenses got in contact with my glasses and I could feel my glasses slightly being pushed back :#  - that's when I knew to immediately stop dialing in the lenses :D  - But due to the rubber protruding above the lenses, the lenses did not get scratched at all. But this is likely due to the design of my glasses and a bit of luck - do be very careful dialing in the Index lenses when using glasses. But CV1, no problem (the lenses are further from the glasses in my CV1 than when using Index). 

PS. In the start of course you should be very careful using glasses in CV1 - until you're completely sure it's safe. Not all glasses are safe in CV1, and some will scratch the lenses. Therefore I do not allow visitors and friends to use glasses in my CV1. And especially not the Index.
    My Index lenses are dialed in to a degree causing my son to get them a bit dirty due to eyelash contact, so using glasses may help protecting the lenses and keep them clean (again, beware of scratches). 

• ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 293
    Nexus 6
    edited February 26
    I loved my CV1 but bought the Rift S for my birthday 2 years after.

I was initially wowed by the upgrade in visual clarity (You can actually see water stains/smears on the 3d printer glass plate in first contact!, I do not remember seeing that level of detail in CV1),  and the reduction in god rays and comfort level was excellent. 
    The only thing I would like to have is a replaceable faceplate like I had on the CV1, as the standard foam is not really hygienic when demoing to friends and family, and is not as durable as the rest of the padding..

Then the niggles creped in, and the tracking issues began to annoy me as my favourite games of the time were almost unplayable (Skyrim, In Death, Arizona Sunshine), but after a couple of months dev work and patching from Oculus, that has pretty much been eradicated.  I know that tracking behind my head/back is still none existent, but I do not play any games where that is an issue for me.  Though having said that, I have not replayed Lone Echo, where I'm pretty sure I did have my hands in locations where the Rift S will not track, so will have to see how the playability is there now.

There was also the issue of colours/brightness, again this was annoying, but a few tweaks here and there in engine INI files usually sorts that out.  This is fine for me, but not great for someone who isn't computer savvy, so there needs to be an intuitive UI method if changing these settings. 

Also audio is not as great as the CV1 admittedly, but I do not find it that much of a let down personally. I still very much enjoy the experiences and games I play.

To sum it all up though, I would not want to go back to the CV1 now. as the comfort and clarity are just too good to loose
    RIFT CV1
    RIFT S
    Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."
  • grove21grove21 Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    edited February 26
    Thank you for your review. I own CV1 and owned Quest for some time. Quest was awful and i sold it to other guy. Because my cable starts to fail i got Rift S. It's literally as you described. Connection problems, awful black colors, worse tracking. Far inferior than CV1. I have no idea what zuckenberg was thinking. Instead forcing always tracking facebook into our faces they should have worked on the product. I wish they just started to sell CV1 cables again so i don't have to buy their "improved" crap. Facebook always makes design flaws so that their products would break after 1-1,5 year of use (CV1 cable, CV1 headphones for example; Quests's straps, Quest/Rift S cheap plastic controllers that break if you just drop them to the ground.) I'm going to save up on index or wait for better products. 
  • grove21grove21 Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    edited February 26
    RedRizla said:

Honestly even if quest has more pixels it has less subpixes than Rift S. Also it can't handle full games' resolution and it lowers it to 70-80% or worse with the constant foveated rendering. Which makes it even worse than CV1 imo. 
    edited February 26
    grove21 said:
    I'm going to save up on index or wait for better products. 
    I consider Index way better than Rift-S in every way apart from ASW 2.0 support and system requirements. Higher res and no ASW 2.0 support mean you'll need solid 80 or 90 fps when using the Index, because motion smoothing really doesn't look good using Index. So system requirements are (much) higher using Index. 

Furthermore, Index won't save you from the lcd problems - the bright blacks, which to me is a great problem in dark games. And Index won't save you from temporal antialiasing, which looks super-blurry and ruins image quality using lcd hmds. 

But an oled hmd will. Due to ASW 2.0 and awesome image quality using temporal antialiasing - and the deep blacks - I need the CV1. The Quest springs to mind also as an oled option, but then there are sound, tracking and some say latency and streaming artifacts (Tested noticed streaming artifacts in Alyx using Quest). 

And then I'm back to loving my CV1, but only using ss 2.0 or close  <3 

When games arrive made ground up for lcd hmds, of course CV1 will not stand much of a chance compared to Index - just like in Boneworks.