New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Boneworks now available in the Oculus Store!

2»

Comments

• kobs57kobs57 Posts: 185
    Art3mis
    edited February 24
    May I ask where you get that info from? Because at steam (boneworks hub) that level came totally unexpected, no one even knew the game was coming out on oculus except that the devs always said "we'll put it where ever we can" and that exclusive level came to all members of the steam (boneworks) forum as a big surprise. We were always told they couldn't fix this and that or add this and that because they were fixing bugs and mid game save points
    VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 1700X, 
    32 gigs of Corsair Vengence RGB memory,
     MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-450 Gaming plus motherboard,
    EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
    Oculus is on a Samsung 970 evo M.2 V nand 1TB on board SSD   
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 5,319 Valuable Player
    edited February 24
    kobs57 said:
    May I ask where you get that info from? Because at steam (boneworks hub) that level came totally unexpected, no one even knew the game was coming out on oculus except that the devs always said "we'll put it where ever we can" and that exclusive level came to all members of the steam (boneworks) forum as a big surprise. We were always told they couldn't fix this and that or add this and that because they were fixing bugs and mid game save points

Of course - I read a lot of stuff, sometimes very hard to remember where I read it - but it only took me like 600 seconds to find the source  :D  o:)

"At the time of this writing the rebuilt environment with all of Boneworks physics and sandbox tools is available in the Oculus Store version of the game. That means you can launch it on an Oculus Rift or an Oculus Quest via the Oculus LinkThe Steam store version of the game should add the environment in the next major patch which may come in March. You might be able to access it in other headsets from the Oculus Store version via a tool like Revive, but we haven’t tested that method."
    https://uploadvr.com/tuscany-boneworks/

Does look kinda purdy... but boring?

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    Art3mis
    edited February 24
    I also read that "Brandon" confirmed on Twitter that the Tuscany level will be released in the next patch
    Brandon should be where he's supposed to be on the boneworks hub 
    Maybe he thinks he's the president lol
  • Oops01Oops01 Posts: 83
    Hiro Protagonist
    Got the Oculus version to use with my rift s, had a quick go last night but I found the tracking to be very flaky my left arm kept getting all out of shape, anyone else found this?
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,074 Valuable Player
    edited February 25
    Agreed. Looks totally dull and uninteresting but that might be the person playing. A bit gimmicky if you can't spawn in some fun and games.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,384 Valuable Player
    Ah Tuscanny those summer nights with my Razor Hydras.
  • kojackkojack Posts: 6,421 Volunteer Moderator
    Hmm, on the Boneworks reddit someone asked why the Oculus store version runs better than the SteamVR version. I gave a quick explanation of how SteamVR works on Oculus headsets, and got downvoted to 0 points.

So, umm, Boneworks is fun but fuck reddit.

I finished the game yesterday.
    That fist fight with the king was annoying.
    Oh god that climb at the end. I got half way up and found the magnetic clamps. I grabbed them and they started freaking out. I didn't know how to fix them so I let go of one and it flew off. DAMN IT. I jumped off to retrieve it. Turns out you just release the index trigger but keep the hand trigger to stop them going mad. Back up I climb. I got half way again and tried heading for the crate on the right side. I missed a clamp on the wall and fell. Back up I climb. I was tired, so I stopped half way up on the crate ledge. I took off the headset and left for about an hour. When I came back I put the headset on... and all lights were dead and physics was broken. My hands couldn't move from my waist, but full tracking still worked in the inventory hud. I couldn't do anything, so I quit the game. I restarted, and it put me back at the castle! FUCK. Time to fight the king again.

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 5,319 Valuable Player
    edited February 26
    kojack said:
    I gave a quick explanation of how SteamVR works on Oculus headsets, and got downvoted to 0 points.

I get that a lot - for example when trying to explain why CV1 is better than Index in Lone Echo and Stormland, lol.

I think Reddit is better when you say what the majority wants to hear. Or make a funny post - like a photo of a cat sleeping in the Rift box, it'll easily get 1000 upvotes. 

Not always sure average IQ on Reddit is above 90, but I try hard to believe that it must be  o:)  

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • MachJavaMachJava Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I was excited to play this, but encountered some weird stutter when moving, not in movement but the floor/items around me. Also for the life of me couldn't get haptics to work on my Rift S, moved the slider everywhere, tried everything. Only game that does this. 
    I just unlocked the utility gun (needed to reach time tower with 22200 ammo, 22100 to buy the gun and 100 to buy a pistol to swap ammo types because their ammo system is stupid).

That means I can use it to go back over the previous levels yet again and try to find the final hidden ammo so I can buy the nimbus gun (lets you fly around with noclip mode).

The utility gun, once unlocked, can be spawned at any time during the game from the menu. Then it can spawn anything you've recycled (guns, enemies, etc).
    I'm going back to the damn king fight with dual MP5s. :)

Not much of a fight with the King I found, then again I didn't exactly play by the Queensbury rules. I grabbed him by the head anddragged him around the room, smashing every vase on top of him.

Art3mis
    In the Steam version there were weapons in the barrels in the room before the throne room don't know if they have the same in the oculus one
    No weapons there when I played. I smashed them all on my last play through of that area.

Funny game, I flip between damn right raging at the physics to absolute awe.  :)