cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important for new users - if you think your posts were deleted or failed to get through

kojack
MVP
MVP
Users on this forum can be either unverified or verified. New users start as unverified.
Any unverified user has every post inspected by the automatic spam filter. If it thinks a post might be spam, it gets put into a special queue for moderators or admins to check. The actual rules of the filter aren't something I have access to, but things like posting links to external sites (even the main oculus site) or certain keywords can trigger it.

If the forum is telling you a post wasn't approved, please don't keep reposting it. We have to manually verify each one in case they weren't all identical (and the UI for that sucks, it's a 4cm wide column of raw html).

Generally deleting posts on here is a last resort action. The odds are that if a post you made went missing:
- It got caught by the spam filter. It will come back when one of us checks.
- It got moved to another board (like developer questions). It should still be in your personal post list.

When we check the spam queue, we verify users with legit posts, so you won't get caught again.

Also note for other users: if you see somebody repeat a post multiple times, it's probably because we verified their account but haven't yet gone over every post to check for duplicates. Don't blame the user.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2
21 REPLIES 21

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Blimey, they must think i'm spamming now . . thought my message didn't get through so tried about 8 times to post . . ooopps !

Saw you in there and cleaned up the duplicate posts. I've verified your account, so you shouldn't get caught in the filter again.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Jonny-Yarko
Explorer

nalex66 said:

Saw you in there and cleaned up the duplicate posts. I've verified your account, so you shouldn't get caught in the filter again.

Hi Nalix, thank you for that and sorry to have created you
more work, I really did think that my comments just weren’t being posted
because of a glitch or something, then saw this thread.

Thanks again and my apologies.

mtiller
Honored Guest
I was wondering if this had happened to my first post!  😕  Thanks for the heads up for what to look out for when posting guys.

Linkue
Explorer
My post was deleted for telling the truth that Oculus robbed me of the cost of a headset and now wont answer emails and no not my first post and you can keep deleting them here but this is not the only place I will be posting this truth! 
Linkue Gaming 

kojack
MVP
MVP

Linkue said:

My post was deleted for telling the truth that Oculus robbed me of the cost of a headset and now wont answer emails and no not my first post and you can keep deleting them here but this is not the only place I will be posting this truth! 
Linkue Gaming 

When was this deleted post made?
I just went over 11 pages of logs and there's only one entry for you over the last week: 6 hours ago you edited your post (where you advertise your youtube channel and tell people to not order from oculus) to change "asked me to you paypal" to "asked me to use paypal". There's no deletions in there.

Was the missing post from more than a week ago?

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support

Linkue said:

Linkue Gaming 

Hey there - offtopic from the intent of the OP, but just wanted to reassure you that your support ticket is not being ignored. It has been escalated, but our support team is currently working through some high volumes due to the holidays. The team will respond as soon as they are able to. Appreciate your patience!

Linkue said:

Linkue Gaming 

Your post was held up in the spam queue. It may have been something as simple as the word youtube being mistaken for a link, in combination with low post count of a new account, but I can't be certain as I don't have access to the spam rules. I cleared it from the queue as soon as I saw it there and it went into the intended thread, just before my lunch today.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/723452#Comment_723452
(I assume that was the post) 

It may be tempting sometimes to think that our problems are so big and our statements are so momentous, that the moderators of a forum will make a special effort against them. But I can promise you that mods really don't mind what people post. Provided of course that it doesn't break the forum rules... which really revolves around offensive behaviour or personal attacks against other members... and even then we're more likely to warn against such behaviour or message the poster rather than delete a post.

Also, it's worth remembering that the mods are part-time volunteers so we log on when we have the spare time. I think the spam queue gets checked pretty regularly though so please be patient.

Anyway, hope you get your particular problem solved as quickly as possible.

zias0
Honored Guest
thanks for this information
this is very valuable for new users..
As a new user I fell found of this.

luzano23
Honored Guest
thanks for noticing

Ocuel
Explorer
How does one become verified?