New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

It´s Out of Stock

It´s out of stock will it be back if so when

Comments

• viljanenmillaviljanenmilla Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I wanna know too, i ordered my Rift S before new year and i got message i will get it like.. in 2 months :neutral: bruh
  • VampirePancakeNekoVampirePancakeNeko Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    My question is if oculus will continue selling the rift s cuz there is verry low stock in europe and im kinda worried that theyre going to stop
  • m4ko.VRm4ko.VR Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited February 27
    delete post
  • InfantThrowerXInfantThrowerX Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I was going to order the rift s today and everywhere, including your online store is sold out. Is there any word on when more will be available? 
  • TheAmesTheAmes Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    When will the rift S be back in stock ? ....... You can't buy it anywhere right now 
    I put an order in on the 19th this month (Feb) and was supposed to get it the 26th (today) and it still hasn't shipped and that's from Amazon but I go to the official Oculus website and all it says is unavailable and that it's not available in the U.S at this time so how long  production take before retailers start getting product again ? Should I just cancel order ?
  • Crazy_SaneCrazy_Sane Posts: 269
    Nexus 6
    Unfortunately China is still on pause because of the Corona virus. God knows how much longer it will go on for. And when production does resume, there will be a big backlog of orders to get through.

There are a few Quests and Rifts out there for sale from independent sellers. But some people are asking 50% more than retail. There's also some used Rift S' around if you hunt for them.

I'm curious as to why you want a Rift S over a Quest. They're great hmds and all, but the Quest can do the job of a Rift S now. And they even use the same controllers. Although the Rift S would be much lighter.

NerveGear
    edited February 27
    cant believe no one knows when this thing will be in stock
    NerveGear
    i cant believe they're not giving updates to when it will be back in stock
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 4,880 Valuable Player
    edited February 27
    TheAmes said:
    i cant believe they're not giving updates to when it will be back in stock
    Probably because they don't know - also due to the Corona virus situation in China, which affects production - these hmds (and Index) are made in China. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    NerveGear
    the Rift S is out of stock when will it be back ? i ordered mine off of amazon the 19th for 400$ and it never shipped it was expected to ge to me the 26th its now the 27th and come to find out its unavailable why aren't we at least getting an update to when it will be back in stock ?
    edited February 27
    Quest can do the job of a Rift S now

Hmmm, my Spider-Sense just tingled and suddenly I get the feeling that Rift-S days are numbered  :#  ;)
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

• dburnedburne Posts: 3,183 Valuable Player
    Been watching the news lately?
    Demand is high and I suspect the Coronavirus is having an affect on shipments getting to retailers.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • GlobespyGlobespy Posts: 111
    Art3mis
    I have both the Quest and the Rift S, plus a CV1.

IMO the Quest is an experiment to what will be a unified HMD that can do both standalone and PC based games.
    Right now the display on the Quest is inferior to the Rift S despite the higher resolution - using the same pentile OLED display as the CV1, the SDE is VERY noticeable.
    The Rift S on the other hand has significantly better SDE and everything is much sharper.

The 80hz refresh rate on the Rift S is about the minimum, 72Hz on the Quest is too low for fast paced titles - again, I have used them both side by side.

The Rift S has more cameras and has better inside out tracking than the Quest.

I think both HMD's days are numbered, we will see Oculus move to one HMD in the next generation, incorporating the best of both HMD's.

Right now, the Quest is the choice if you know you will play a lot of standalone titles and maybe some PC based ones.
    If your focus is purely on PC based titles, the Rift S is the superior device of the two.
    Globespy said:
    I have both the Quest and the Rift S, plus a CV1.

IMO the Quest is an experiment to what will be a unified HMD that can do both standalone and PC based games.
    Right now the display on the Quest is inferior to the Rift S despite the higher resolution - using the same pentile OLED display as the CV1, the SDE is VERY noticeable.
    The Rift S on the other hand has significantly better SDE and everything is much sharper.

The 80hz refresh rate on the Rift S is about the minimum, 72Hz on the Quest is too low for fast paced titles - again, I have used them both side by side.

The Rift S has more cameras and has better inside out tracking than the Quest.

I think both HMD's days are numbered, we will see Oculus move to one HMD in the next generation, incorporating the best of both HMD's.

Right now, the Quest is the choice if you know you will play a lot of standalone titles and maybe some PC based ones.
    If your focus is purely on PC based titles, the Rift S is the superior device of the two.
    I have both as well and would definitely agree.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • GrifynneGrifynne Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm wondering the same thing. All retailers linked on the Oculus website are out of stock. My husband and I were even at Best Buy a week or so ago and they suggested placing an order for one to be delivered to the store. The employee tried to submit an order for us, then said he couldn't because they were completely out of stock (even other stores).

Has there been any official word from Oculus? I realize that they may not be able to give a solid date, but maybe a general timeframe (are we talking days, weeks, months, longer)?
  • Comrade_IvanComrade_Ivan Posts: 107
    Art3mis
    No official timeframe as of now that I'm aware of. I know Valve got hit with serious covid-19 virus-induced delays as a lot of parts for Valve Index come from China. This is just a guess, but I'm wondering if Oculus is experiencing the same issue.

If I were to hazard a guess, based on historical data with other manufacturers and announcements made after the Christmas rush, I'd say a solid 3 months to get the stock replenished. I was expecting the new batch to be replenished by about end of February, or no later than the second week of March. But with a threat of covid-19's effects on manufacturing on the horizon, an additional month wouldn't be unreasonable.

I'm not affiliated with the company, btw. I'm just someone who is following industry news, and this is merely my opinion.
  • InfantThrowerXInfantThrowerX Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Thanks everyone on the advice. I wanted the S because I have a powerful computer to run it and it is cheaper. Seems a waste to not use the PC after all the time spent building it. I managed to get one practically new from a guy who didn't have a PC capable of running it. Its been great so far, no complaints.
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,952 Valuable Player
    No shipping date, no option to buy at all on the Oculus website all morning.

Two things.
    Higher than expected demand - which they expressed shortly after they added in the Oculus Link capability to the Quest along with holiday sales.
    Coronavirus - affecting shipments from China.
    Rift S now hard to get as well.
    Don

dburne said:
    Two things.
    Higher than expected demand - which they expressed shortly after they added in the Oculus Link capability to the Quest along with holiday sales.

Or... Quest 2 coming     B)

High demand, not enough output usually means a "will be shipped in 6 weeks" message.

One can only hope   :)
  • OmegaM4NOmegaM4N Posts: 682
    Neo
    edited February 29
    ^^^Could you imagine a revised Quest with a mini hdmi port added.....and a 2 in 1 cable from oculus to power/ charge and have the mini hdmi to make the quest fully pcvr, oculus could literally kill every other hmd with such a desktop/portable hybrid vr hmd. :open_mouth:

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,254 Volunteer Moderator
    edited February 29
    dburne said:
    Two things.

High demand, not enough output usually means a "will be shipped in 6 weeks" message.

They stopped taking orders because the backorder date was so far out, and now the coronavirus problems in the supply chain mean that they don’t have any idea when they’ll have more stock. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,354 Valuable Player
    I can't see them releasing the Quest 2 any time soon tbh. They've only just released their first one 😯😂😂😂

It's the Kung Flu I think.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    nalex66 said:
    dburne said:
    Two things.

They stopped taking orders because the backorder date was so far out, and now the coronavirus problems in the supply chain mean that they don’t have any idea when they’ll have more stock. 

Boo.  My rumour is better.  :p
    edited March 1
    OmegaM4N said:
    ^^^Could you imagine a revised Quest with a mini hdmi port added.....and a 2 in 1 cable from oculus to power/ charge and have the mini hdmi to make the quest fully pcvr, oculus could literally kill every other hmd with such a desktop/portable hybrid vr hmd. :open_mouth:

No Oculus will probably sit on the sidelines while someone else develops it...
    Don

nalex66 said:
    dburne said:
    Two things.

- and we're 3 weeks from the arrival of Half-Life: Alyx. Actually new Alyx content will be available for SteamVR Home starting tomorrow. Demand vs. supply probably have never been this challenged before. 

• CongratulationsCongratulations Posts: 123
    Art3mis
    They said corvid - 19 is effecting supplies, quest 2 is years away. 
    dburne said:
    OmegaM4N said:

As my kids would say....  oooh, burn!  
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,989 Valuable Player
    edited March 1
    I was surprised to see delay's even before this virus hit. I thought Oculus once said that there wouldn't be any more delays with their VR headsets after what happened with Oculus CV1.

Hope they get them in the hands of people soon.
  • OmegaM4NOmegaM4N Posts: 682
    Neo
    edited March 1
    dburne said:
    OmegaM4N said:

lol....no doubt.