cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I'm a Hypocrite When I Say Get a Quest, Not an Index

Borscht4eVR
Heroic Explorer
I thought about writing a long post about Quest's amazing modability (and how to get an extra 15 degrees in FOV), but then I thought it would take me too long to write it. So I opted to do a video instead.

I'm not affiliated with any of the product sellers/manufacturers in the video:

5 REPLIES 5

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
You can't get hold of the HTC head strap anymore from what I've heard.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Strange thing about that glue issue - I have not noticed such a problem. I've only cleaned the lenses once in 6 months, because I use glasses the lenses do not get dirty - at all (the CV1 did more, maybe Index has less air influx when in use...). Never seen the glue issue mentioned on Index Reddit, maybe you could make a post about it? 
I have the Index in a bag when not in use - so far no dust problems. Same goes for CV1 😉

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

trefleenor
Honored Guest
Enjoy your video, Ivan. You’re a natural at this video review. Appreciate all the helpful information!

Borscht4eVR
Heroic Explorer

RedRizla said:

You can't get hold of the HTC head strap anymore from what I've heard.

I got mine on eBay 10 days ago

ohgrant
Superstar
 Thanks Ivan, I've been thinking about a more comfortable and easier to clean face gasket solution. I tried without the gasket and yes I think you're onto something there, going to try this.  
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.