New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Quest / Go Build 14.0 Release Notes

Comments

• ThugOwlThugOwl Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Ok. My headset settings reads as:
    Software update.

Version

Does this mean I have the latest update or am I still waiting?

Total noob here, please be gentle.
  • daniel.hess.7568daniel.hess.7568 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I came here to find out if I was the only one having an issue with the controllers since the update. My first impression is that something has happened to the controllers "power down" function. I noticed it always seems to happen if I don't press a button after a certain interval and that pressing a button brings it back. It doesn't seem to be using controller motion to detect that it's in use.  
  • gregor616gregor616 Posts: 78
    Hiro Protagonist
    Why would you notify me of an update then make me wait for the lottery like every other update? Thank you reddit for getting the firmware out faster than Oculus can do it. 
    Oculus Quest 
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700, GeForce RTX 2060 Super, 32GB, Asus B450 Motherboard
  • dburnedburne Posts: 3,214 Valuable Player
    ThugOwl said:
    Software update.

Version

Nope, you are still on Version 13 awaiting the eventual Version 14 that has been rolling out this week. I am still waiting also.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    NerveGear
    dburne said:
    ThugOwl said:
    Software update.

Version

Nope, you are still on Version 13 awaiting the eventual Version 14 that has been rolling out this week. I am still waiting also.
    Thank you for taking the time to respond to me. I just did a factory reset of my sons quest, hoping to get the update, but still no joy.
  • ninjawarrior628ninjawarrior628 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I have version 14 for both my Quest and the Oculus app but when ever I try to start the link it says general device problem. How do I fix this?
  • LaurDonLaurDon Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    thank you for bricking my device. Was working absolutely fine until you meddled in it. Returning it. 
  • ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 249 Oculus Staff
    Hey everyone - Wanted to jump in here and provide a quick update on rollout progress. Rollout is still ongoing and only available to a percentage of users at this time, which means that if you haven't yet received v14, you should not expect to receive it over the weekend. We’ll continue the rollout next week as we ramp up to all users. Oculus Link should continue to work as normal in the meantime, as long as you have some combination of v13 / v14 software versions on your Quest and the PC software. We greatly appreciate your patience while the team works through this.
    Hey everyone - Wanted to jump in here and provide a quick update on rollout progress. Rollout is still ongoing and only available to a percentage of users at this time, which means that if you haven't yet received v14, you should not expect to receive it over the weekend. We’ll continue the rollout next week as we ramp up to all users. Oculus Link should continue to work as normal in the meantime, as long as you have some combination of v13 / v14 software versions on your Quest and the PC software. We greatly appreciate your patience while the team works through this.
    Wow was just coming on here to post here I am in day 5 and still no sign of Version 14 for my Quest.
    Guess you guys are having issues just rolling out the updates now...
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • Yobiwan29Yobiwan29 Posts: 95
    Hiro Protagonist
    No more headset tracking issue, everything works perfectly, thanks !
    Oculus Quest - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge - i7 8700 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 MHz - Aorus GTX 1080Ti - Crucial MX300 500Go + 1To - Corsair RM650X 80+ gold
  • iNIKELiNIKEL Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    After inspection of my router logs I can see quest downloaded 0.9 GB of data at that day when usually all updates are downloaded. And I got phone app notification a day later. Switch half flipped? :smile:
    NerveGear
    I finally got the update prompt this morning. It was endlessly downloading though so I just restarted the quest. After it restarted I noticed that the version has changed. There wasnt any notification that the update installed though.
    But the mic is working on rec room! Yay. My son is happy!
  • daniel.hess.7568daniel.hess.7568 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    On the issue of controllers disconnecting, I tried turning off the "Auto Switch to Hand Tracking" option and since then, the issue seems to have gone away for me.  
  • VinohVinoh Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thank you very much for that update! It's very frustrating to have to keep checking for the update without any insight into when to expect it.
  • Alucard964Alucard964 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I am unable to connect with link. just goes to black screen in the headset. On pc software, says it's connected but "general device error". Guess I'll wait for update.

• Jazzy53Jazzy53 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    I want to ask that by updating we can fix the tracking problems
  • HFXHFX Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    14 updated here, and remarkably youve managed to make the controller tracking even worse, its pretty much unusable now. :(
  • KronikRenoKronikReno Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Still no update today... sad face. 
  • iTesla8iTesla8 Posts: 106
    Art3mis
    There was an issue with Quest link in steam VR apps to reset view does not work for some reason, not sure if someone report such issue before.
    My Own PC Build: NZXT Source S340 White > Corsair RM1000i > Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming > CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.5Ghz > Deepcool Captain120 EX > RAM KHX2400C15/16G | 4pcs = 64GB > Asus GTX1070 Dual O8G > Samsung U32J59xUQ 4K > Realtek High Definition Audio > Intel SSD 760p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.1 1TB > Intel SSD 600p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.2 1TB > AZIO Retro Classic Copper > Razer Mamba Hyperflux = Oculus Quest/Link
  • axl_schaxl_sch Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    1st of march and still no prompt to update v14 on my headset which is still on v13. The pc app however is updated to v14
  • enigma01enigma01 Posts: 660
    Neo
    edited March 1
    axl_sch said:
    1st of march and still no prompt to update v14 on my headset which is still on v13. The pc app however is updated to v14

Read ShowbizDonkey comment from the 28th in this thread. 
  • axl_schaxl_sch Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    enigma01 said:
    axl_sch said:

Read ShowbizDonkey comment from the 28th in this thread. 
    Hopefully, the update will prompt early this week then
  • Badbloke77Badbloke77 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    s4Luux said:
    Does any of you use YUR on the quest? It seems to be fixed for now since I disabled the calories tracking. I hope that stays so. But even if that's the case, on reddit someone who doesn't even have YUR has the same problem: www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/fahejy/the_newest_firmware_update_can_break_your/

Uninstalling YUR fixed my controller issues.  They work perfect again.

• sandraffreysandraffrey Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Please share more profound articles on the website. If you guys cannot tackle with your academic assignment and want online assignment help service then hire assignment writers. 
  • tiffnicetiffnice Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Does anyone know when the quest will be back in stock
  • boltymacboltymac Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Thank you very much for allowing.
    Well finally today I received Version 14 on my Quest.
    Don

• flipkick661flipkick661 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Still no update here. This is getting ridiculous Oculus, LET US UPDATE OUR HEADSETS MANUALLY!!!!
  • MountainDog12MountainDog12 Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    With all the issues i am seeing here, I am glad to be at 13. I wish we had more control over when we get these updates, both when we get them & when we don't
  • gregor616gregor616 Posts: 78
    Hiro Protagonist
    Now that I have had a chance to play around with 14 a bit. I am noticing that the tracking for the controllers is sluggish. This is really noticeable in Beat Saber and Pistol Whip. Also it seems like the wifi solution was to just not let the quest connect to 5 Gig wifi at all, at least that is the case for me. With 13 I could connect to 5 Gig when I was near the router, now nothing just connecting then drops and eventually disables it. I am starting to think this may be a hardware issue they cannot address. The mic is back and hand tracking is ok but very few apps take advantage of it. None in the Oculus store that I'm aware of. The big disappointment is the lack of pass-through on demand which has been discussed since September. Since getting my Quest in July, Other than Link I feel like updates cause more issues than they address. Maybe that will change once they take Link out of beta. 
    Oculus Quest 
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700, GeForce RTX 2060 Super, 32GB, Asus B450 Motherboard