cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest / Go Build 14.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Update 3/4/2020: I'm hearing that the v14 software update should now be available to 100% of Quest and Go users. If you encounter any issues downloading or using this update, please contact customer support. Thanks again for your patience during this rollout!

Update 2/28/20:
 Hey everyone - Wanted to jump in here and provide a quick update on rollout progress. Rollout is still ongoing and only available to a percentage of users at this time, which means that if you haven't yet received v14, you should not expect to receive it over the weekend. We’ll continue the rollout next week as we ramp up to all users. Oculus Link should continue to work as normal in the meantime, as long as you have some combination of v13 / v14 software versions on your Quest and the PC software. We greatly appreciate your patience while the team works through this.

All of these features and enhancements will become available throughout the week of February 24, 2020.

Oculus Link

• The Quest microphone has been re-enabled for use with Link.
  • A dedicated Oculus Link button has been added to the Oculus Quest menu bar to make jumping into Link quicker and easier. Similarly, a button was added to the Dash belt that allows you to quickly exit Link when using it.
  • Link audio and microphone volume controls have been added to Dash and the Oculus desktop app.
  • Moving forward, Oculus Link no longer requires that the Quest software and the PC software have matching version numbers. However, the two software versions must be within one version of the other. For example, Link will function when the Quest is on software version 14 and the PC is software version 15 or the PC software is version 14 and the Quest software is version 13. It will not work if Quest is on version 13 and PC is on version 15 or vice versa.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug that prevented Oculus Link from working when the resolution had been adjusted with the Oculus Debug Tool.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused a temporary black screen after waking the Quest up from a deep sleep.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented Oculus Link from launching when the Link cable was disconnected and reconnected after ending a previous Link session.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused images to not display on the welcome screen after a headset reboot.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented the Voice Command feature from launching via Oculus button double press when the Voice Commands Shortcut experimental feature was enabled.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the floor height to be higher than normal when putting on the headset slowly.
  • Additional bug fixes, stability improvements, and software optimizations.
86 REPLIES 86

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still waiting on Ver 14 for my Quest, maybe today will be the day.

ThugOwl
Explorer
Ok. My headset settings reads as:
Software update.

Version

Does this mean I have the latest update or am I still waiting?

Total noob here, please be gentle.

daniel.hess.7568
Explorer
I came here to find out if I was the only one having an issue with the controllers since the update. My first impression is that something has happened to the controllers "power down" function. I noticed it always seems to happen if I don't press a button after a certain interval and that pressing a button brings it back. It doesn't seem to be using controller motion to detect that it's in use.  

gregor616
Adventurer
Why would you notify me of an update then make me wait for the lottery like every other update? Thank you reddit for getting the firmware out faster than Oculus can do it. 
Oculus Quest 
AMD Ryzen 7 2700, GeForce RTX 2060 Super, 32GB, Asus B450 Motherboard

Anonymous
Not applicable

ThugOwl said:

Software update.

Version

Nope, you are still on Version 13 awaiting the eventual Version 14 that has been rolling out this week. I am still waiting also.

ThugOwl
Explorer

dburne said:

ThugOwl said:

Software update.

Version

Nope, you are still on Version 13 awaiting the eventual Version 14 that has been rolling out this week. I am still waiting also.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me. I just did a factory reset of my sons quest, hoping to get the update, but still no joy.

ninjawarrior628
Honored Guest
I have version 14 for both my Quest and the Oculus app but when ever I try to start the link it says general device problem. How do I fix this?

LaurDon
Explorer
thank you for bricking my device. Was working absolutely fine until you meddled in it. Returning it. 

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Hey everyone - Wanted to jump in here and provide a quick update on rollout progress. Rollout is still ongoing and only available to a percentage of users at this time, which means that if you haven't yet received v14, you should not expect to receive it over the weekend. We’ll continue the rollout next week as we ramp up to all users. Oculus Link should continue to work as normal in the meantime, as long as you have some combination of v13 / v14 software versions on your Quest and the PC software. We greatly appreciate your patience while the team works through this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow was just coming on here to post here I am in day 5 and still no sign of Version 14 for my Quest.
Guess you guys are having issues just rolling out the updates now...