cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would a bigger television get me back into Pancake gaming?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I really like VR, but the lack of AAA games is making me feel I also need to get back into pancake gaming. I currently have a 42" television and I'm just wondering if I get a 55" or 65" television, if this will get me more immersed in a game like VR does? Since VR came along I've struggled to get back into 2D gaming and there's some really good pancake games that will never come to VR.

So do you think a lager screen would get me more immersed in a game or not?
288 REPLIES 288

ervinsamu3lfx
Honored Guest

pyroth309 said:

I only liked the first dungeon siege myself but yea it was a classic. I love a good action rpg and still play a few. Path of Exile and Grim Dawn being my favorites at the moment. I have too many games and not enough time these days. First world problems lol. Both of those games do Diablo better than Diablo 3 imo. 

I love Path of Exile! I love the most how the game changes all the time and you need to advance it and your skill to fit in a new league.

Wildt
Consultant
Well, TF2 has been absolutely flooded with aimbotting snipers since the smissmas update, so I had to find something else as my go to pancaking. I remembered Destiny 2 was now free to play, and gave it a shot.

It's actually VERY good, and itches some of the same scratch that Halo: Breach gave me, with those massive open areas. But this game is polished AF, and runs super smooth while looking awesome. Highly recommended!

Been spending most of the day playing it, and I think my VR HMD's are starting to feel a degree of abandonment ::lol: 6mmqua8nrbrd.jpg
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

Wildt
Consultant
I wanna give another shout out to Destiny 2.
I'm simply in awe of how much you get for free in this AAA FPS. The worlds are massive and absolutely gorgeous, and the gameplay mechanics are spot on.

I've put 75 hours into it now, and I'm still having fun with my level 928 titan.

The many objectives thrown at you from the beginning can seem confusing and overwhelming, and I cannot stress enough how important it is for newcomers to start with the 3 "legacy campaigns", which are the old core game and DLC from when it wasn't a free-to-play title. Several hours of AAA narrated single player campaigns with top of the line cut scenes and voice acting.

Jesus murphy! I'm the grumpy old guy who dislikes all the popular stuff, but this has me amazed.

inovator
Consultant
Let me know when there is a vr mod. I can't go  back to pancaking unless its for breakfast 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Wildt said:

I wanna give another shout out to Destiny 2.
I'm simply in awe of how much you get for free in this AAA FPS. The worlds are massive and absolutely gorgeous, and the gameplay mechanics are spot on.

I've put 75 hours into it now, and I'm still having fun with my level 928 titan.

The many objectives thrown at you from the beginning can seem confusing and overwhelming, and I cannot stress enough how important it is for newcomers to start with the 3 "legacy campaigns", which are the old core game and DLC from when it wasn't a free-to-play title. Several hours of AAA narrated single player campaigns with top of the line cut scenes and voice acting.

Jesus murphy! I'm the grumpy old guy who dislikes all the popular stuff, but this has me amazed.

Umm, what's Destiny 2? I'm completely disconnected from the world of pancake games. Did read that a new Doom game is coming, but I only completed like 5 or 6 levels of Doom 2016 before I lost interest (even though Doom4/2016 was awesome, but it's still old wine in a new bottle). 

Is Destiny 2 the current best shooter? I'll go search YouTube for a trailer!  o:) 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Hmmm, so this is top of the pancake pop these days...

m653jvwoff8r.jpg

I've played Skyrim, Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 3, but that was like 3+ years ago? And they are still on the list, quite strange. Never did care for GTA V, maybe I should. 
Red Redemption 2 did catch my interest, and then again not really... Maybe after I've finished my VR backlog 😉

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
These are the best pancake games of all time according to Metacrtitic - the Top 20:

dd9hdghrwo17.jpg

Seeing Half-Life 1, 2 and the Orange Box all in the top 5 does indicate the power of Alyx. 

I better - soon - finish Grim Fandango  😄  o:) - But do I profit from a bigger screen for that game? 😉

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
RedDead Redemption 2 is a great single player game. I can't comment about the online experience because I haven't played it online. It did get off to a shaky start mainly due to the crashes, but I don't get these anymore.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

inovator said:

I can't go  back to pancaking unless its for breakfast 

Wildt
Consultant

RuneSR2 said:
Is Destiny 2 the current best shooter? I'll go search YouTube for a trailer!  o:) 

If you like Borderlands, I'm pretty sure you'll like this. Especially since you like eye-candy, and when you crank this one to the max, it looks fab!