cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOT WORKING PRODUCT, DO NOT BUY

Jonniina
Explorer
I have been working MANY hours with oculus chat try to fix my rift s or oculus crashing program itself. There have been several times, when oculus program itself, cannot be restarted, freezes to still, crashes down or just keeps circulating same stupid problems around and around like now this last time. Rift s cannot connect USB, try different USB. Cannot find display port, please restart. Connecting both of those in several different ports, just do the same. Waited 3 weeks for new drivers, the same problem continues. Unistalled whole oculus program AGAIN and installed it again, the same. NOW they tell me to uninstall it in safe mode and loose all my games and saved games data. AND THIS IS THE SECOND TIME i´m fooling with this and after many hours of doing so, and loosing tenths of hours games, they say: sorry, it is the only way. (need to say here thou, the chat customer service people itself were nice people, and were doing their best to help.)

Well, i guess, there should be some kind of compensate for my many hours doing something, i am not supposed to. Gift card, partial money refund or something, but no. You just loose all, because we did hire some idiots to do the programming part here.

Quess first several hours of fooling with this s*#%t was just fine, but now when this whole sircus goes around and around again and again, there should really be something else to do than: problem is yours, we are sorry.

Also many problems occured, what i was able to fix by myself without any
help, but complete amount of hours, fighting with not working /
crashing program and product here is massive.

NOT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE OCULUS, NOT GOOD AT ALL!

33 REPLIES 33

cmaffia2019
Protege
Obviously its you and your setup.  Are we to believe that your SINGLE negative experience (which is more than likely related to an issue or incompatibility with your PC) is a blemish on otherwise excellent company and product??

RattyUK
Trustee
You did check that your PC was going to be up for the job before spending your money?  Laptops in particular can be problematic...  but then, a low-spec desktop, perhaps a few years old might also present difficulties.
I've had no issues (well, none critical) with either my desktop or laptop...
Sorry you were not so fortunate.
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Obviously its you and your setup.  Are we to believe that your SINGLE negative experience (which is more than likely related to an issue or incompatibility with your PC) is a blemish on otherwise excellent company and product??

I know plenty of people have flawless performance with their CV1/RiftS/Quest but come on don't be patronizing when the issues he is talking about are known compatibility issues that Oculus has admitted and is actively trying to fix through a software update. The USB disconnect issue is widely known and a major problem for alot of people so while its ok to praise Oculus for your positive experience its unfair to blame him for his negative one because he is not even close to being alone on this. I am one of those people that have spent more time trying to get my Rift S to work than I have spent playing it and the tech in my support ticket is admitting at least to me that the problem is on their end not mine. Their proposed solution remains for me to just continue waiting for an update even though I have been waiting for three months now and seen 4 new public driver releases without a fix. Some of us have good reason to complain.

Netheri
Rising Star
@"adam.poole.313" One of the "best" solutions which are offered constantly is to re-install Windows. 😄

Re-installing Windows when everything else than Oculus software or hardware are the only things not working right? 😄

Even after you're done everything they've told and even more, they say that they don't have to tell you what file or how user account is corrupted as they claim as they don't _know_ what is the problem. I mean..if the support person doesn't _know_ what is wrong, why don't they forward the case to developers? I think that should be their job? 
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

jab
Rising Star
Oculus has a long history (since day one) with USB compatibility problems that none else making USB devices seem to have (to this degree).

kojack
MVP
MVP
There can definitely be reasons to complain when things go wrong. People need a bit a tolerance for those not having a good time with their expensive VR purchase.

But on the other hand a new user joining the forum and their first post is yelling to not buy oculus products and calling the developers idiots is going to result in a lot less sympathy for their situation.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
I have had nothing but a good experience, both Rift S and Quest - even Link.  I don't like the software updating on me all the time, but they have not broken anything yet !  
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

cmaffia2019
Protege

I know plenty of people have flawless performance with their CV1/RiftS/Quest but come on don't be patronizing when the issues he is talking about are known compatibility issues that Oculus has admitted and is actively trying to fix through a software update. The USB disconnect issue is widely known and a major problem for alot of people so while its ok to praise Oculus for your positive experience its unfair to blame him for his negative one because he is not even close to being alone on this. I am one of those people that have spent more time trying to get my Rift S to work than I have spent playing it and the tech in my support ticket is admitting at least to me that the problem is on their end not mine. Their proposed solution remains for me to just continue waiting for an update even though I have been waiting for three months now and seen 4 new public driver releases without a fix. Some of us have good reason to complain.

Maybe you missed the obnoxious title of his thread "DO NOT BUY".....sorry no free pass for this dude.

Maxxgold
Rising Star

Jonniina said:

I have been working MANY hours with oculus chat try to fix my rift s or oculus crashing program itself. There have been several times, when oculus program itself, cannot be restarted, freezes to still, crashes down or just keeps circulating same stupid problems around and around like now this last time. Rift s cannot connect USB, try different USB. Cannot find display port, please restart. Connecting both of those in several different ports, just do the same. Waited 3 weeks for new drivers, the same problem continues. Unistalled whole oculus program AGAIN and installed it again, the same. NOW they tell me to uninstall it in safe mode and loose all my games and saved games data. AND THIS IS THE SECOND TIME i´m fooling with this and after many hours of doing so, and loosing tenths of hours games, they say: sorry, it is the only way. (need to say here thou, the chat customer service people itself were nice people, and were doing their best to help.)

Well, i guess, there should be some kind of compensate for my many hours doing something, i am not supposed to. Gift card, partial money refund or something, but no. You just loose all, because we did hire some idiots to do the programming part here.

Quess first several hours of fooling with this s*#%t was just fine, but now when this whole sircus goes around and around again and again, there should really be something else to do than: problem is yours, we are sorry.

Also many problems occured, what i was able to fix by myself without any
help, but complete amount of hours, fighting with not working /
crashing program and product here is massive.

NOT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE OCULUS, NOT GOOD AT ALL!

list your system specs for us to help us get a better understanding of your situation. If you have a desktop you can use the link in my signature to get a card that has USB ports that will work for you. A lot of PC’s have incompatible USB ports. Even though they should work, they do not work. Anyways, list your specs, and we can help you out.