cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Index thread (please keep to subject)

Techy111
MVP
MVP
As per the title, please respect the users who post here and keep it on topic, any nonsense and......grrr
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

2,973 REPLIES 2,973

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
More sad news for people living in Italy - even though some have the money and were first in line March 9, Index can no longer be delivered to Italy:

"Hi FioreBuddha,

We are writing to you about your recent Valve Index hardware order.

Our logistics partner has informed us that deliveries in Italy are suspended due to the epidemic of the COVID-19 virus and related government measures. Due to these reasons of force majeure, we are currently unable to finalize orders on Italian territory.

We apologize for the inconvenience and will work to resume deliveries of the Valve Index hardware in Italy as soon as the situation improves.

If you want to keep your order active, you don't have to do anything else. We will contact you as soon as our logistics partner gives the go-ahead for deliveries again.

If you prefer to cancel your order now or at any time before shipping, you can do so on the purchase history page of your account.

If you have any further questions, please contact Steam Support."

Translated from:

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Momma Mia this is getting serious!

Too bad Valve cannot redirect a few of these unit to Australia, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

TomCgcmfc said:

Momma Mia this is getting serious!

Too bad Valve cannot redirect a few of these unit to Australia, lol!

Great idea - I think you should make a post on Index Reddit: "All Indices ordered to Italy - redirect them to Australia!" 😄 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I think if I did that the Italian Mafia would put a hit on me, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
I expect Italy has a lot more to worry about than being able to get Index shipments...

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star

dburne said:

I expect Italy has a lot more to worry about than being able to get Index shipments...

https://youtu.be/4IRYpjj2_gw

pyroth309
Visionary
I took a break from VR and all of the information sites for a few months to focus on my kids/real life and also to knock down some of my pancake backlog since I could still do that and keep up with them lol.

I did see when they upgraded the Knuckles joysticks and I was all set to grab another Index to give it another shot...but then I read about people still having drifting issues with the new ones which put me back in the wait and see mode. 

I'm planning on a 3080TI upgrade as the rumor is they are 40% faster than the 2080TI so that'll be a no brainer decision for me. Maybe if the Index supply is back at that point I'll grab one just to have it. 

I almost bought the Rift-S a dozen times since I sold my Index but I have an IPD of 69 and i'd rather have a physical IPD adjustment. 

On slight off topic Oculus note - 

I just dusted off my Quest for the first time in months yesterday as I had gotten tired of the low frame rate mine has in some games. I just ordered a link cable to see if that will breathe some life back into it. I still haven't played any new Oculus title since before Asgard's Wrath came out(no stormlands..nothing) because I didn't want to experience them with the CV1 SDE. I have quite a VR backlog now. Maybe a linked Quest will do it for me. First world problems.  :#

Luciferous
Consultant
Welcome back stranger 🙂

I am still on the fence for a new HMD. Just kicking my heels until something inspiring comes along. 

pyroth309
Visionary
Hehe thanks, 

I still have my Odyssey+ also which I am going to dust off this upcoming weekend since I'm off. I see SteamVR has gone through quite a few updates, hoping WMR still works great with it. How's Re-vive these days?

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Revive is up to 2.0 these days, but I'm still using 1.9.2 - used 1.9.2 mostly due to testing Stormland, but before we get those 3080 Tis Stormland is a no-go using Index (jaggies are everywhere with no temporal antialiasing - or gone with SMAA + Index res 200%, but so is great performance, I'm down to like 15-25 fps or so, sigh). 

https://github.com/LibreVR/Revive/releases

1.9.2 works fine for now - but of course 2.0 might be better in some games and apps. I use CV1 ss 2.0 for most Oculus titles, but I do use Revive for bright games like Pistol Whip and Lucky's Tale. 
Using O+ you really should give Saints & Sinners a try - it's a must have and greatly profits from oled. All Oculus exclusives that profit from temporal antialiasing (Stormland, Asgard's Wrath, Lone Echo, probably also Defector etc) are games/apps that probably are best played using Quest Link (also due to asw 2.0) - or your old CV1 - sometimes the SDE is your friend, not the enemy - more in this thread 😉

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/731652 (love those MAME pics, lol)

If you can accept 72/36 fps and fix the sound, Quest Link may be a nice solution - also for Alyx. Then again O+ might be interesting in Alyx too.