cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lone Echo 2 pushed to 2020!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
At least according to this article:

https://www.shacknews.com/article/111880/lone-echo-2-interview-put-on-the-headset-and-be-transported

Quote: "You can get your hands on Lone Echo 2 in early 2020exclusively from the Oculus Store. For more developer interviews and game industry convention videos, be sure to follow Shacknews and GamerHubTV on YouTube."

Interview with the devs (confirming the 2020 launch year at the very end of the video):

https://youtu.be/wvyMTUGr7kQ

That's easily one full year from now, man I miss Olivia 
:s

https://youtu.be/J-VbAK8TFR8

Of course it's fully understandable that such a game may take about 3 years to develop. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

43 REPLIES 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe delayed because it will take them another year to program the Touch Joysticks to be errrrrr Dynamic!!!

MowTin
Expert Trustee

MAC_MAN86 said:

Maybe delayed because it will take them another year to program the Touch Joysticks to be errrrrr Dynamic!!!

Can you explain what you mean by dynamic? I feel like Echo Combat VR has incredibly good controls. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

MowTin
Expert Trustee

CrashFu said:

@MowTin - VR is for more than just Gamers, though.  And it's certainly for more than just the hardcore FPS / action game crowd..

Personally, while I love a good shooter / action game, especially in VR,  I'm eager to see as large a variety of games as possible, and both Puzzle games and any Exploration-heavy game in general can be absolutely fantastic in this medium.

Don't worry though, I'm sure there will be no end to good shooter games in the coming years.  In fact, if you want Lone Echo but with more guns... Stormland will hopefully be out soon.

I'm just talking more VR adoption. The top-selling PSVR games of 2018 are:

1. Firewall Zero Hour
  2. Farpoint
  3. Bravo Team
Notice a pattern? Yet Oculus has not touched the genre. That's just not good business.  

By the way, I tried Lone Echo yesterday on the Rift-S and it looks amazing. I feel like replaying it. So, I am looking forward to Lone Echo 2 but I'm disappointed that they didn't use the opportunity to create the first zero-G FPS in VR. It coudl been the HL-2 of VR. 

Oh, and Valve may put out HL-2 VR. 

nalex66
MVP
MVP
They haven't said that Lone Echo 2 won't include any combat, so who knows, some of the mechanics of Echo Combat could find their way into the game.

By the way, if you haven't played Portal and Portal 2, you're missing out on some of the best games set in the Half-Life universe.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

CrashFu
Consultant
@MowTin  -  I'm not sure why you think nobody is catering to the FPS crowd as it is,  there is no shortage of shooters available on Oculus Home, and at least a few of them are based on Zero-G combat.   In fact, one of them has been advertised pretty heavily on the main page for a while now..

Have you checked out Space Junkies yet?  https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1340764792673326/?locale=en_US

There's really no need to demand that people change other games to be more like the games you like.  Just buy the kind of games you like, and let the rest of us have the Lone Echo franchise we already love.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

MowTin
Expert Trustee

CrashFu said:

@MowTin  -  I'm not sure why you think nobody is catering to the FPS crowd as it is,  there is no shortage of shooters available on Oculus Home, and at least a few of them are based on Zero-G combat.   In fact, one of them has been advertised pretty heavily on the main page for a while now..

Have you checked out Space Junkies yet?  https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1340764792673326/?locale=en_US

There's really no need to demand that people change other games to be more like the games you like.  Just buy the kind of games you like, and let the rest of us have the Lone Echo franchise we already love.

To be fair, I wasn't talking about games that I like. I'm talking about the most popular genre in gaming by far. And it's not so much about me, it's my wish for VR to succeed and prosper and reach mass adoption. 

I've played Space Junkies but it's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about a HL-2 like game in VR. A full story-driven campaign FPS. 

Games like Robo Recall and Marvel MPU don't have a story-driven campaign. Arizona Sunshine is a good example of an FPS with a story-driven campaign. But it doesn't have that Oculus Studios polish. 

Anyway, I don't want to belabor the point. I just think that in the future, the zero-g shooter will be a massive success. At least we have Stormland and Asgard's Wrath coming which will be full story-driven FPS games. 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
More about Lone Echo 2 in this fresh interview:

https://youtu.be/WyUcJByQeTg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee

MowTin said:

If it's going to be another massive puzzle game then I don't care. 

I just don't love puzzle games. I never even bought the greatest puzzle game ever--Portal. 

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed Lone Echo and I'll certainly buy Lone Echo 2 but I feel it's a totally missed opportunity. Echo Combat VR is amazing. If they just added Echo Combat VR to a story-driven campaign it would be the Half-Life 2 of VR. 

Puzzle games are not going to bring the masses to VR. Why invest so much time and money on a genre that has only a tiny fraction of gaming sales? That's just my opinion. 

I agree with the point about combat, because I always thought they should of had some combat in Lone Echo too.

It would be good if the same company made an Alien game in space after Lone Echo 2 is released. I really hope they keep making games.

MowTin said:

CrashFu said:

To be fair, I wasn't talking about games that I like. I'm talking about the most popular genre in gaming by far. And it's not so much about me, it's my wish for VR to succeed and prosper and reach mass adoption. 

I've played Space Junkies but it's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about a HL-2 like game in VR. A full story-driven campaign FPS. 

Games like Robo Recall and Marvel MPU don't have a story-driven campaign. Arizona Sunshine is a good example of an FPS with a story-driven campaign. But it doesn't have that Oculus Studios polish. 

Anyway, I don't want to belabor the point. I just think that in the future, the zero-g shooter will be a massive success. At least we have Stormland and Asgard's Wrath coming which will be full story-driven FPS games. 

I get what your saying. I think & hope that Boneworks will eventually get us to where we need to be, I really have faith in them making the best VR games in the future. A lot of people suspect that Valve have partnered with Boneworks to make Portal and Half Life VR, I am a believer of this too!  😄
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Seems that Lone Echo 2 should launch in Q1 2020, but there has been no news for a long time. Ready At Dawn's website and blogs contain no new info, so either the game should arrive like now or launch the same month as Alyx, and I doubt that the latter will happen. A guess may be that we won't see Lone Echo before May 2020... 

sford52
Heroic Explorer
It would really be nice to see some Liv and Jack, and escape to space right about now.  Even if it's just a bit of game play, would help me feel sane if I knew I was a robot in space fighting alien bio spores in the 23rd century.  
ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home