cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The loss of audio for the rift s

DAHobbitGaming
Honored Guest
so everytime I have play VRCHAT and pavlov my tracking will break for a second then be fine but when it breaks I lose audio and the ability to talk in game and the only way I have been able to fix this is by restarting steamVr and the Oculus app. the app also recommends that I update my usb drivers which I have done but nothing change I have unplugged reinstalled restarted but nothing works also I have done a compatibility check and it said my computer is able to run the rift s it even said my usb was fine but the app disagrees is there anything else I can do to fix this problem
18 REPLIES 18

Captaindanilo
Honored Guest
It helped for me too to buy an Inateck PCIe USB card. Two things are important if you buy this card: the card what comes with 4 USB 3.0 ports needs power from a SATA power cable. And the other thing is: If you have Windows 10 installed, don't install the drivers from Inateck. Windows 10 is installing the correct drivers automatically

Anonymous
Not applicable
I get a notebook gaming from asus (ROG strix GL703VM). Could an external powered usb hub resolve this issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe I resolved using a usb c hub with usb 3.0 ports. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mardon91 said:

Maybe I resolved using a usb c hub with usb 3.0 ports. 

Confirmed. I resolved the problem using an usb c hub.

steue79
Explorer

It helped for me too to buy an Inateck PCIe USB card. Two things are important if you buy this card: the card what comes with 4 USB 3.0 ports needs power from a SATA power cable. And the other thing is: If you have Windows 10 installed, don't install the drivers from Inateck. Windows 10 is installing the correct drivers automatically

Good advice 

jimythedrummer
Explorer

1 year after the origional post, I am now having this issue, but only on Medal of Honor Above and Beyond, and not every single time, just most of the time. Has anyone come up with a solution besides buying a new usb card? 
So far oculus support has not been any help, just recommending me to do the few basic things im sure we have all tried 100 times (restart computer, lol, add oculus exclusion to security program, reinstall the game, reinstall and repair oculus home etc.) Are all of you still having the issue a year later?

Thanks guys

Anonymous
Not applicable

What Motherboard resp. chipset do you run?

jimythedrummer
Explorer

Right now I am running:

MPG X570 Gaming Edge Motherboard

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 GPU

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core, 3.90 GHz CPU

I only have the issue while playing online multiplayer in Medal of Honor Above and beyond. From everything I have read, I am well over the minimum and also definitely over the recommended system requirements to play the game smoothly. Also, my other online multiplayer games work perfectly, so its not my anti virus blocking it. So strange.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That sounds quite like the issues I had. Maybe you are affected by the PCIe 4.0 bug?