cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinned display z-fighting issue bug

MalicTolsen
Protege
For the last few weeks, using both standard and PTC, have been getting the following issue.

High quality panels has a workaround where if you tweak it enough it can be *seen*, but it takes multiple times to get it to be just right.

It looks to be a z-fighting issue where the gray polygon that is supposed to be "behind" and the image of the display cant tell what is in front of what until I get that perfect storm for it to show.  resizing bigger can get it to go away, but it is then far to large for use for reading when I am streaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HpHyYvIezE
22 REPLIES 22

MalicTolsen
Protege
Oculus Log attached here:

Taomyn
Protege
I can confirm this behaviour, it's been happening for the past few PTC updates and I've reported it after each update through the Home feedback.
---
Rift S | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU | Asus RoG Strix X470-I Gaming Motherboard | Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM | EVGA nVidia 3080Ti FTW3 GPU | Samsung 870 EVO Plus 260GB NVMe | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair H100i v2 Cooler | Thermaltake Core V21 Case | Corsair RMx 850 PSU

abz-uk
Honored Guest
I'm having the same problem.

MalicTolsen
Protege
This is still an issue with the PTC 15 released on March 11th 2020

Taomyn
Protege
I confirm that this issue is still present in PTC 15, no matter what window I pull in, app or screen, it goes grey when I return to the running VR application or game. Pinning has become totally useless to me. I am also running the latest Windows 10 patches and nVidia drivers at the time of writing - submitted a feedback report through home.
---
Rift S | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU | Asus RoG Strix X470-I Gaming Motherboard | Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM | EVGA nVidia 3080Ti FTW3 GPU | Samsung 870 EVO Plus 260GB NVMe | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair H100i v2 Cooler | Thermaltake Core V21 Case | Corsair RMx 850 PSU

garrus77
Explorer
I haven't heard about this issue and I don't think it happened to me.

Netheri
Rising Star
At least you have the panels, some of us don't have anything but exclamation marks on instantly on pull-out. Some have the problem from the secondary monitors, others have even from the one and only monitor. Oculus Support answer for me after some "time playing" recommendations was that the Oculus software is working right. So, that's a feature, not bug. Good luck with it.
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

MalicTolsen
Protege
I am using an entire display, not the individual window to try to get around that, I know about the ! issue as well, and use the most stable thing for my streams, but it has not been stable since December of last year.

Netheri
Rising Star
Yep, i'm using the whole screen of the 2nd monitor as a work around. Also you can use workaround for the exclamation mark issue so that move wanted window to main monitor and pin it from there.
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2