cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "I'm effin Quarantined" Megathread

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Governments across the Globe are in Quarantine, so I figured that this community could use a thread to discuss our first-hand experience of its impact. As a side note, I never would have guessed that a global pandemic would be the primary driver to getting VR more mainstream!
😛

For me, I had taken a long break from VR. I have maybe engaged in VR for 1 hour ever 2-3 weeks. It's been that way for nearly 6 months now. Mostly because I feel that I've experienced so much since I first acquired my Rift in 2016; I got to the point that everything (even new AAA titles) started to feel like 'more of the same.' This is something that has impacted me before. For example, I began gaming with the Atari 2600 as a kid, moved on to NES, SNES, Sega, and eventually PC Gaming. But I took a very long break from gaming (over 5 years) because I hit a point where everything on every gaming platform felt like a regurgitation of something I've done before.

However, now that I'm stuck home for at least 2 weeks during quarantine... it's time to jump back on to the fray!

So...
  1. What games/experiences will you be engaging in with VR?
  2. What non-VR activities will be occupying your time?
  3. Are you one of the people who can work from home during quarantine? Or is this pandemic negatively impacting your job?
  4. Are you hoarding food and toilet paper?

I'll answer first:
  1. I will be (finally) completing SkyrimVR. Before I took my VR "break," I had already completed both DLC's in SkyrimVR, and I'm already near the end of the main quest. After that, I will be loading up Stormland.
  2. I'm playing through Divinity Original Sin for the first time, in preparation for the upcoming release of Baldur's Gate 3. Beyond software, I will be doing lots of exercise.. Gotta keep up the conditioning!
  3. Since I'm a software engineer who has been working from home primarily for at least the past 10 years, this quarantine will be... more of the same.
  4. I'm a non-hoarder, but wondering if I will regret it.

155 REPLIES 155

nalex66
MVP
MVP
We've just had a new provincial order announced to close all non-essential workplaces for two weeks starting Wednesday, so it looks like I'll be using up some vacation days and staying home for a while. I've been enjoying Doom Eternal, but didn't get too far into it over the weekend. Looks like I'll have plenty of time for both Doom and Half-Life:Alyx now.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Same here. All non-essential shops must close tonight and police have powers to enforce it. No more than 2 people together outside of the home, family member only and for 1 exercise per day. Only other trips outside of the house are for essentials only.

No idea if DIY stores count as essentials, if not my car refurb comes to a halt pretty soon without cutting discs etc.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Most UK folks should have seen this coming what with the appalling display of people completely ignoring any sensible advice. FK them all.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

On the plus side, I managed to get toilet roll today, now I can throw away the newspapers.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
My house is full of gaming these days:
  • PC
  • VR
  • Roblox
  • Nintendo Switch
  • Board Games
Hell, I'm even running around the house with Nerf guns and playing "hide n seek" lol

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Most UK folks should have seen this coming what with the appalling display of people completely ignoring any sensible advice. FK them all.

We already known the world is not full of sensible people. Sometimes people need to take into account what the stupid will do in order to come up with the best solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, this country has been a mess for decades unfortunately. I personally put it down to parents and teachers not being able to discipline kids since the 90s as well as importing criminals from Eastern Europe due to the Balkans War during the same time period. That's when things started to go downhill I think. We're starting to veer down politics at this point though so probably best not to go into more details or debate it too much. Basically this country has been fucked for nearly 30 years.

I read a report yesterday that kids/teens had been coughing in the faces of pensioners, there's NO WAY that I would have done that sort of thing when I was a kid. I'd get a bloody good slap. A parent can't do that these days though thanks to bleeding heart liberal twats. Same with teachers. Kids can basically do what the fuck they want and have no repercussions for such behaviour. 😞

Every time I read in the paper that one of these fuckers gets shot or stabbed to death I just think, 'well, that's saved the taxpayer a few quid.'. 😞

Gradzooks
Honored Guest
Playing flight simulators all the way here. Stay home and be safe everyone.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Yes. Everyone needs to stay the hell home! Crazy shit happening in the world around us because people are not taking quarantine serious enough. Protect yourselves and others by... staying indoors and playing video games.
❤️

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Epic Games is releasing FREE titles regularly. I already picked up the following:
  • World War Z
  • Watch Dogs
  • Figment
  • The Stanley Parable
  • Tormentor X Punisher
FYI!