cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is facebook horizon coming out?

DJ_Veasy
Honored Guest
I know it's coming out soon, but does anybody know the month or at least when the beta is going to start?
8 REPLIES 8

Crazy_Sane
Superstar

Soon.

It's coming soon.

Given that the universe is 13.8 billion years old, it's logical to assume that "soon" refers to less than that.

So to answer your question:

soon < 1.38×10(10)y (with an uncertainty of +- 100%)

I don't know about you, but I'm excited.

It's been in the 'coming soon' section of the store for a while now, I'm hoping it's a matter of a week or 2 but idk... if we're having a sweepstake, I'll take 3 weeks.

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
You know, I watched the video showing FaceBook Horizon, I did not know really what it was, after watching the video I now don't know what it really is - lol
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

ezop73
Rising Star

DJ.Veasy said:

I know it's coming out soon, but does anybody know the month or at least when the beta is going to start?

At OC6 they started Facebook Horizon will launch next year with an invite-only closed beta being available towards the end of the year and into early next year. So i'd say the closed beta has already started and I'd also hope early next year would be the 1st quarter of 2020 (so maybe/hopefully between now and the end of March).

Crazy_Sane
Superstar

Umpa_PC said:

You know, I watched the video showing FaceBook Horizon, I did not know really what it was, after watching the video I now don't know what it really is - lol

I get the feeling it's Facebook's take on RecRoom or Altspace. A social app with lots of minigames.

I'm expecting good things.

Congratulations
Adventurer
I would imagine realising public beta at F8, now I’m not sure after being canceled.

ezop73
Rising Star
Facebook Horizon

HeartwellMedia
Honored Guest
If there was ever a more important time that Facebook Horizon is needed...it's now. Social Distancing need not exist in the virtual world of Horizon. Hoping we get some release news soon 🙂