New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Music to Quarantine to

ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 16,811 Valuable Player
We already have a Music Megathread, but I wanted to create a thread specific to songs/albums we may listen to during this global pandemic quarantine situation.

If you want general music recommendations, then check out the Music Thread:
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/45686/the-music-thread/p1

For this discussion, I'm looking specifically for sounds people are enjoying while in a state of quarantine.
In my case, I'm deviating from anything too serious and leaning more towards whacky humor.

Hence:

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane

Comments

• pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 2,356 Valuable Player
    I'm not necessarily in Quarantine per say but I'm alone at work a lot because of the situation so I've been listening to a lot of music. Here's a few random ones.

80's styled throwback band with a Goth twist. I love em.

I've also been on an Evergrey kick for awhile.

Solid Soilwork track

Lost Vital Spark - little known gem.

Insomnium - Heart like a grave - Love this song, sorrowful and beautiful at the same time and kind of fitting.

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 16,811 Valuable Player
    And here's a new song specifically about the Coronavirus

• kojackkojack Posts: 7,060 Volunteer Moderator
    It's always a good time for some Electric Six.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Oculus Forum Tool,  Phantom Touch Remover,  Forum Dark Mode,  X-Plane Fixer
    Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
    Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2
  • alexsandro22alexsandro22 Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    AC DC is my first choice for sure.
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,824 Valuable Player
    Check out Sound and Fury on Netflix imagine  if Cowboy bebop had a baby with Mad Max and Heavy Metal and you have it. Also watch through the credits there is another scene.
    WAAAGH!
  • PhoenixSpyderPhoenixSpyder Posts: 373
    Trinity
    Soundgarden, Filter, Radiohead, Pink Floyd....just to name a few
    i7 8700k @ 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, MSI 1080ti Gaming X, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0
    "Presently developing a VR project (outside of my profession) due to the lack of availability of what I would like to experience" Details soon...don't want to spill anything just yet!!
  • NunyabinezNunyabinez Posts: 171
    Art3mis
    I may be in the minority, but a little progressive metal is great to listen to because it's a little more complex and varied than most music. My favorite is Dream Theater. Some real chops on these guys.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 8,054 Valuable Player

😎😂😎
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • kojackkojack Posts: 7,060 Volunteer Moderator
    Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Oculus Forum Tool,  Phantom Touch Remover,  Forum Dark Mode,  X-Plane Fixer
    Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
    Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 16,811 Valuable Player
    @Nunyabinez - that song is seriously badass. Such fabulous musicianship. I'm a fan!
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 8,054 Valuable Player
    Yup, Dream Theater are awesome.

I've had a minor cough today, am getting a bit worried. Hopefully things won't get worse tomorrow.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 2,356 Valuable Player
    I've always liked Dream Theater for their musicianship (especially Petrucci) but unfortunately Labrie's voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me in a lot of their songs so they've never become a staple band for me. That said, Untethered Angel is great and I liked a few other songs off that album last year.

• ArtemisArethaArtemisAretha Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited October 11
    I'm in the minority, but these songs give me a very strange feeling. It's been a long time since we heard such music, can anyone share more.
    I can recommend you a place where great ringtones are. Please visit Zigtone.com to be able to experience the wonderful and unique ringtones.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 7,116 Valuable Player
    edited October 9
    30 years later - has this song aged a day? :)

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 7,116 Valuable Player
    edited October 9
    Even with Covid-19 I never worry about food - because there'll be plenty of Soylent Green  :D 

English top, German bottom

Soylent Green Movie Poster  3 Sheet 41x81 Original Vintage Movie Poster   7494
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"