cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new Quest stuck in loop after initial update - Unusable

PlainCheeseburg
Explorer

After linking my quest to my phone and going through the update, it has entered some kind of loop where it keeps popping up to a green screen and saying to press the trigger on the controller, however my controllers will not link to the headset after set up. What's strange is that these images only flash for about a half second, and then disappear with the three loading dots appearing.

I have not been able to use my headset since opening it due to this. It's almost as if the headset is not fully updating and getting stuck in a software loop. I'm using an iPhone 6s+ with iOS 13.3. I've already tried factory resetting, deleting and re-installing the app, rebooting my phone, etc. Nothing seems to make a difference in any way.

4 REPLIES 4

Grayson5h
Honored Guest
I am having the same issue.  Any luck in resolving?  I am using an iPhone 11 Pro Max.  Tried hard reset both on hardware and software.

Whiskey1756
Honored Guest
Same issue here with an Android phone. Ive tried absolutely everything. Hopefully they get back to my issue ticket soon with a fix. Ill post once I know.

IzumoSami
Honored Guest
I have the same issue with brand new oculus quest just got delivered today, manufactured in Feb 2020. I am using an iPhone 11 pro with 13.3.1, oculus app 48.0.
I have tried factory reset via app, factory reset via headset, reboot via headset. Nothing solves the issue. Has anyone solved this issue?

IzumoSami
Honored Guest

IzumoSami said:

I have the same issue with brand new oculus quest just got delivered today, manufactured in Feb 2020. I am using an iPhone 11 pro with 13.3.1, oculus app 48.0.
I have tried factory reset via app, factory reset via headset, reboot via headset. Nothing solves the issue. Has anyone solved this issue?

Quick update, in the end, I had to contact the customer support, and they agreed that it might be a defected one and ask for send in to review. But they send the replacement back to me as soon as they received mine. The replacement I got works just as easy as what everyone else showed on Youtube.