New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Your statues/figures/collectibles - in the real world - show them here!

2»

Comments

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,716 Volunteer Moderator

my Enterprises

Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1909 (18363.836)
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,212 Valuable Player
    edited February 2019

my Enterprises

Very nice collection. I don’t trust Eaglemoss but it’s still a nice collection. 

I see you have the new disc enterprise there as well. 

Wait.....where’s the Sovereign Class Enterprise?
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,716 Volunteer Moderator
    edited February 2019
    Well spotted @Digikid1 yep the Disco Enterprise is part of Eaglemoss's regular Star Trek collection as well as their Discovery line-up. They just had too many regular subscribers asking for it to ignore.
    They made a mistake and sent me 2 of them but charged for 1 so I need to decide if I should do the right thing and let them know, or maybe offer it up to an enthusiast here ;) it's the second time they've done that, the last time was one of the plaques and I sent the extra back.
    Yep, I'm missing the E, I was waiting for a special offer code before ordering it and it sold out so now I'm waiting for it to come back into stock. Unfortunately the XL sized ships have to be ordered separately from the subscription sized ships.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1909 (18363.836)
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 5,319 Valuable Player
    May I recommend one of these? - Works perfectly for my statues and Legos  o:)  :D

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,212 Valuable Player
    edited February 2019
    Well spotted @Digikid1 yep the Disco Enterprise is part of Eaglemoss's regular Star Trek collection as well as their Discovery line-up. They just had too many regular subscribers asking for it to ignore.
    They made a mistake and sent me 2 of them but charged for 1 so I need to decide if I should do the right thing and let them know, or maybe offer it up to an enthusiast here ;) it's the second time they've done that, the last time was one of the plaques and I sent the extra back.
    Yep, I'm missing the E, I was waiting for a special offer code before ordering it and it sold out so now I'm waiting for it to come back into stock. Unfortunately the XL sized ships have to be ordered separately from the subscription sized ships.
    Tempting to ask for it.....but it’s always best to do the moral thing and send it back.

At THEIR cost.  :D
  • Epona0000Epona0000 Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    Was hoping to learn enough to import this guy into my home. But I have to learn to crawl before I can walk.
    Just when you thought there was nothing more to collect, lol

Don't think I'm gonna go there... for now... 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

Hmm, this is the single highest graded Tod #10 - it sold for 4K in 2005:

The book was auctioned a few days ago - and the final price :o

https://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3F%5FSORT%3DYES%26where%3Dsell%26title%3Dtomb%2Bof%2Bdracula%26ItemType%3DCB%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26f1%3DCondition%26ODire1%3DDESC%26f2%3D4%26ODire2%3DASC%26f3%3DIssueNumber%252C%2BVolumeNumber%26ODire3%3DASC&id=1099710

Not a bad investment, but in 2005 I thought even 4K was expensive  :D

Guess I'll have to settle for a 9.8, but that's 10K  :'( And people think Index is expensive, sigh... 

edited September 2019
    Anyone caring about Dredd in here? 

Many years ago I set a personal goal trying to collect the first 10 issues of Judge Dredd (Eagle, US books) in CGC 9.8. These ten books all have Bolland covers - #11 was the first book with a non-Bolland cover. Of course I could go for the full run, but I don't care that much for the later books, and I already have limited space for more CGC books, so first ten issues will have to do. This morning I finally got #10 - I have been searching for that book for like 7 years - not easy to find with just 4 copies found worldwide. But here the first 10 issues are all in 9.8 - a great feeling to have reached this goal!

Note that these books don't grow on trees - during the last 20 years, only two #9 books in 9.8 have been found, and none better. In fact 9.8 is the highest grade for all these books (no book in 9.9 or 10.0 has been found so far and probably never will). Concerning several of the other books less than 10 copies in 9.8 exist of each - or at least no more have been found to this day.

Love the old Dredd books, some of my favorite books when I was a kid, and a perfect way to shape a kid's mind, lol  >:)

• kojackkojack Posts: 6,421 Volunteer Moderator
    edited September 2019
    I've never read Dredd, but I liked the recent movie. :)

I did buy a Pusheen yesterday. Vital for my desk at work.

I might try to photogrammetry it. :)

kojack said:
    I've never read Dredd, but I liked the recent movie. :)

I did buy a Pusheen yesterday. Vital for my desk at work.

I might try to photogrammetry it. :)

Nice, maybe I should get one too - I think this one fits my personality perfectly, lol

Image result for pusheen

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,502 Valuable Player
    I love Judge Dredd!!! One of my favourites when I was a kid! I downloaded a shitload of Dredd a while back but the Mickey Mouse tablet I bought to read them on is a bit pants so I stopped reading them.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    edited January 9
    RuneSR2 said:
    Anyone caring about Dredd in here? 

Many years ago I set a personal goal trying to collect the first 10 issues of Judge Dredd (Eagle, US books) in CGC 9.8. These ten books all have Bolland covers - #11 was the first book with a non-Bolland cover. Of course I could go for the full run, but I don't care that much for the later books, and I already have limited space for more CGC books, so first ten issues will have to do. This morning I finally got #10 - I have been searching for that book for like 7 years - not easy to find with just 4 copies found worldwide. But here the first 10 issues are all in 9.8 - a great feeling to have reached this goal!

Note that these books don't grow on trees - during the last 20 years, only two #9 books in 9.8 have been found, and none better. In fact 9.8 is the highest grade for all these books (no book in 9.9 or 10.0 has been found so far and probably never will). Concerning several of the other books less than 10 copies in 9.8 exist of each - or at least no more have been found to this day. 

Love the old Dredd books, some of my favorite books when I was a kid, and a perfect way to shape a kid's mind, lol  >:) 

Seems like one of my humble Dredd books just got promoted to Featured Slab o' the Day  <3

https://www.facebook.com/MySlabbedComics/posts/2938722722883084

edited March 27
    Maybe a bit silly in these times - but just bought a new book, seller wanted 3K, but I got him a bit down in price - and I guess this is a nice Miller combo - both book & art, lol (and probably the most I've ever paid for a little sketch that probably took Miller like 2 seconds to make - book without sketch but still 2 x signed is like a grand cheaper):

Interesting how it'll work with Fed-Ex shipping, really hope to get this baby home soon... 

edited March 26
    Never had any complaints about FedEx, they've always delivered my stuff like flown on a soft cushion across the Atlantic Ocean. This time I was getting worried that FedEx wouldn't be able to bring my baby *cough!* my book home - but they did  <3 So no signs of corona troubles here... yet... From US to Scandinavia in about 3 days, not bad...