cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus link on Gtx 1060 laptop

Halbator
Honored Guest
Hello. Is there any hope to see the 1060m supported and working with oculus Link? I so much wait for it :x.
6 REPLIES 6

AquaHeaD
Explorer
I have an Lenovo Laptop with GTX 1060 and I can´t play games through the Thunderbolt (USB-C) port because of massive lag. I have not tested any othe USB port together with an USB-A adapter but I´m for sure that the GPU will handle most of the games today. It´s just the Thunderbolt port that seems to be the problem.

softtouchph
Explorer
I have a MSI Laptop with GTX 1060m and it works for me with the thunderbolt port and also via the normal usb 3 ports.

jaeggernaut
Honored Guest
I have a MSI Laptop with GTX 1060m and it works for me with the thunderbolt port and also via the normal usb 3 ports.
@softtouchph
are you using an official link cable from oculus? someone else in the forums mentioned they were able to use their 1060m but only with the official cable. 

i have a 2018 razer blade 15 with a 1060m and am dying to play alyx. but can't justify buying a whole new rig/laptop just for that. 

thx. 

jaeggernaut
Honored Guest

@softtouchph
are you using an official oculus link cable?

someone else on the forums said he was able to get his 1060m working but only with the official link cable. i was wondering if it was the same with you.

i have a 2018 razer blade 15 with a 1060m and i'm dying to try alyx but buying a whole new rig/laptop just for that is out of the question. thx. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a 1060m as well, and for me, it says that it's unsupported. 
If someone else has it running regardless, I'd like to know that!

john_petralia
Honored Guest
I have a 1060m as well, and for me, it says that it's unsupported as well. surface book 2 1060