cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Debug Tool and Half Life Alyx please

TheTonaZ
Expert Protege
With my Quest changing pixel per display, encode resolution, or curvature seems to do nothing in SteamVR games.
For example in Half Life Alyx i can't raise the resolution. Do i have to do something also in SteamVR settings? 
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Alyx auto-adjust resolution (super sampling) depending on your rig's performance. Try to use "Low Fidelity" if you're not already using that - forcing High or Ultra Fidelity may reduce resolution a lot - at least using normal PCVR hmds like the Rifts.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

KarstenS80
Adventurer
I see a huge difference when increasing the EncodingWidth.

Currently I would like to know which values for render and encoding resolution would fit native display resolution at best.

From what I can see with different glasses, the rendered frame is not just the area that gets currently shown. Every frame also has an "buffer" around it for a specified amount of head rotation without the need to render a new frame for this and to keep head tracking at least in 3DOF smooth, even when the FPS are not optimal. So setting the value to the native display resolution would not be the shown in the native display resolution. You only see a piece of it like in an 180 degree video.