cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Software Build 15.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Update 4/2/2020: Good news! I've heard from the team that v15 is now available to all users! Thanks again for your continued patience, and please reach out to Oculus Support if you experience any issues downloading or using this new software update. See you in VR!

Update 4/1/2020: 
Hey folks - We've seen positive results from the hotfix we rolled out on Monday. As a result, we'll be continuing the v15 rollout today, making this software update available to a larger percentage of users. Please note that the update is still not available to everyone at this time, but we're making additional progress towards that goal. As always, thanks for your patience and understanding!

As a reminder, if you are encountering any new or unexpected issues after receiving the latest software update, please be sure to contact Oculus Support for assistance. Thanks!

Update 3/30/2020: 
Hi all - hope everyone had a good weekend! Today, users who received the v15 update last week should see a new software update. This build is a hotifx for those bugs that were discovered during rollout: one bug that sometimes prevented apps with large amounts of DLC from downloading correctly and another bug that sometimes caused a system software crash. We will be monitoring to ensure that these bugs have been fully resolved for users who receive the update before continuing to rollout the v15 software to everyone. Thanks again for your patience throughout this process!

Update 3/27/2020: 
Hey folks - jumping in to provide a quick update on the v15 rollout. The team discovered a couple bugs during the rollout that has caused a slight delay in getting it out to everyone. We're currently working to get fixes in and get those fixes tested. As soon as everything looks good again, we'll resume the rollout. If you're anxious to get on v15, you can opt into the PTC. I'll be sure to provide another update early next week. As always, thanks for your patience!

All of these features and enhancements will become available throughout the week of March 23, 2020.

Oculus Link

• You are now able to test your connection during Oculus Link setup. Clicking the Test Cable button will tell you whether or not your connection is compatible, what the available bandwidth is, and what the connection type is. You can access Link setup by selecting Quest and Touch from the Devices menu when your headset is hooked up to your PC.
  • Important note: The Test Cable functionality requires your Quest headset is on software version 15 as well.

Chats

• Updated icons and labeling to improve consistency and add additional clarity to what what each button does
  • Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause the ‘Start Chat’ button to move locations

Miscellaneous

• Additional bug fixes and stability improvements
52 REPLIES 52

Anonymous
Not applicable
Folks have been asking for a roll back option for like 4 years now. For whatever reason, I don't think it is going to happen.

ShocksVR
Superstar

Richooal said:

I'm not normally a conspiracy theory, tinfoil hat kind of person, but I just realised that we're starting to call this build "PC Software Build" rather than "Rift and Rift S Build".

Is this foreshadowing the demise of PCVR Rifts from Oculus while the software lives on to drive Quest with "Link"?

It's been that way since the version numbers were revised to parallel the mobile software (1.43 --> v12).

It is surprising much of the new functionality is going towards Quest, while users are constantly on reddit complaining of the same issues going on for months with their Rift S.
Hopefully the PC software side get some much needed love. I'm fine that Quest is getting PC abilities, but that shouldn't come at the expense of addressing Rift and Rift S support.
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

ShocksVR
Superstar

dburne said:

Folks have been asking for a roll back option for like 4 years now. For whatever reason, I don't think it is going to happen.

Of course not. PTC was the compromise, I still remember the dreaded January 2017 update that bricked nearly 50% of headsets with poor tracking.

But I hope ppl in the PTC are actively reporting back any bugs they have. I myself am always opted into it and reporting whatever bugs I encounter (but we shouldn't need to do this time and time again)

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Hey folks - jumping in to provide a quick update on the v15 rollout. The team discovered a couple bugs during the rollout that has caused a slight delay in getting it out to everyone. We're currently working to get fixes in and get those fixes tested. As soon as everything looks good again, we'll resume the rollout. If you're anxious to get on v15, you can opt into the PTC. I'll be sure to provide another update early next week. As always, thanks for your patience!

Richooal
Consultant

ShocksVR said:

Richooal said:

I'm not normally a conspiracy theory, tinfoil hat kind of person, but I just realised that we're starting to call this build "PC Software Build" rather than "Rift and Rift S Build".

Is this foreshadowing the demise of PCVR Rifts from Oculus while the software lives on to drive Quest with "Link"?

It's been that way since the version numbers were revised to parallel the mobile software (1.43 --> v12).

Not true. If you look at the previous threads for roll outs you will see...............

Rift S and Rift Build 12.0 Release Notes
Rift S and Rift Build 13.0 Release Notes
Rift S and Rift Build 14.0 Release Notes
then

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

ShocksVR
Superstar

Richooal said:

ShocksVR said:

Richooal said:

Not true. If you look at the previous threads for roll outs you will see...............

Rift S and Rift Build 12.0 Release Notes
Rift S and Rift Build 13.0 Release Notes
Rift S and Rift Build 14.0 Release Notes
then

Ya, sorry. I should have clarified. I was responding to this part of your reply:

But hey, we're nit picking anyways.

Anonymous
Not applicable
New update, same old problems. They still haven't fixed the now admitted stuttering/frame drop problems introduced in version 12. My Rift hasn't been usable for 4 months. The guy in my support ticket has been telling me for 3 months to just wait for this issue to be fixed in the next update. Oculus is a complete joke.

ASchneiderBR
Protege
Please Oculus! Please fix those issues, I love your product but you are letting us Rift S users down. Thanks.

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Hi all - hope everyone had a good weekend! Today, users who received the v15 update last week should see a new software update. This build is a hotifx for those bugs that were discovered during rollout: one bug that sometimes prevented apps with large amounts of DLC from downloading correctly and another bug that sometimes caused a system software crash. We will be monitoring to ensure that these bugs have been fully resolved for users who receive the update before continuing to rollout the v15 software to everyone. Thanks again for your patience throughout this process!

ASchneiderBR
Protege

Thanks for the update. Any chance on taking a look at the performance issues many of us are having since version 13 and up? This is a massive let down and compromising the entire experience for us affected by it.