cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest / Go Build 15.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Update 4/2/2020: Good news! I've heard from the team that v15 is now available to all users! Thanks again for your continued patience, and please reach out to Oculus Support if you experience any issues downloading or using this new software update. See you in VR!

Update 4/1/2020: 
Hey folks - We've seen positive results from the hotfix we rolled out on Monday. As a result, we'll be continuing the v15 rollout today, making this software update available to a larger percentage of users. Please note that the update is still not available to everyone at this time, but we're making additional progress towards that goal. As always, thanks for your patience and understanding!

As a reminder, if you are encountering any new or unexpected issues after receiving the latest software update, please be sure to contact Oculus Support for assistance. Thanks!

Update 3/30/2020: 
Hi all - hope everyone had a good weekend! Today, users who received the v15 update last week should see a new software update. This build is a hotifx for those bugs that were discovered during rollout: one bug that sometimes prevented apps with large amounts of DLC from downloading correctly and another bug that sometimes caused a system software crash. We will be monitoring to ensure that these bugs have been fully resolved for users who receive the update before continuing to rollout the v15 software to everyone. Thanks again for your patience throughout this process!

Update: 3/27/2020: 
Hey folks - jumping in to provide a quick update on the v15 rollout. The team discovered a couple bugs during the rollout that has caused a slight delay in getting it out to everyone. We're currently working to get fixes in and get those fixes tested. As soon as everything looks good again, we'll resume the rollout. I'll be sure to provide another update early next week. As always, thanks for your patience!

All of these features and enhancements will become available throughout the week of March 23, 2020.

Guardian

• Guardian setup has been updated with new animated instructional clips to help you create safer playspaces.

Oculus Link

• Test your connection
    • You can now test your connection during Oculus Link setup. During setup, clicking Test Cable will tell you:
      • Whether or not your connection is compatible
      • The available bandwidth
      • The connection type
    • You can access your Link setup at any time by selecting Quest and Touch from the Devices menu when your headset is hooked up to your PC.
      • Please note: This feature requires both your Quest headset and your PC software to be on software version 15 to work properly.
  • Fixes

• Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the experience to become stuck in a black screen on launch where audio and tracking is still functional.
    • Link now detects your headphones and Mic separately. This means that if you run into any issues, you'll see more specific error messaging to help solve it.
    • Fixed an issue that impacted volume controls when certain connected devices were disabled.
    • Additional fixes and updates for stability and reliability. 

Social

• You can now remotely join a Party through party invitation notifications on the Oculus mobile app. Once you put on your headset, you’ll be able to confirm that you wish to join the party and immediately begin socializing in VR.
  • You’ll now be notified if you are joining a party which includes a user who you’ve blocked or who has blocked you.
    • If a user you’ve blocked is added to your party, they will automatically be muted for you by default.
  • Some pop-up dialog messages have been brought slightly closer to the user to improve design consistency.
  • Chats have received updated icons and labeling to improve consistency and clarity.

System Software

• In-VR notifications now have an updated look and are no longer head-locked.
  • A speech-to-text option has been added to the in-VR keyboard, allowing you to enter text via voice instead of typing. Please note that this feature is only available to a percentage of users at this time.

Experimental Features

• Passthrough Shortcut - You can now enter Passthrough to see your real world surroundings at any time. Once you’ve enabled the feature, double tap the side of your headset to enter Passthrough. When you're finished, double tap again to return to VR.
  • Redesigned Universal Menu - We've redesigned the universal menu to be more efficient and effective when navigating in VR. Highlights include:
    • Allowing you to access your universal menu without leaving the app you’re using, if the developer of the app has enabled this option
    • Surfacing your most used apps and experiences first
    • Putting system apps like Explore, Store, Browser, and TV in one central location
    • Adding "Quick Actions" to your settings panel for easy access to key system settings like volume and brightness
  • Multiple Window Support for Oculus Browser - Multitask to get more done and stay connected. Watch a video to crib gameplay tips in one window, check out your friends’ latest Facebook updates in another, and catch up on the day’s news in a third. You can open, close, and rearrange windows from a new control box above the window. Support for multiple windows will first come to Oculus Browser, with support for more 2D apps like Chats and Store coming later.

Additional Bug Fixes

• Fixed an intermittent bug that prevented all items from displaying in Storage Manager when more than 40 items were present
  • Fixed a Chats bug that would sometimes cause the ‘Start Chat’ button to move locations
  • Additional bug fixes and stability improvements
163 REPLIES 163

Anonymous
Not applicable

how do i get it?

You have to wait like the rest of us. It is a gradual rolling update over the course of a few days.
Still waiting here myself.

LIONELWOLF
Honored Guest

dburne said:

how do i get it?

You have to wait like the rest of us. It is a gradual rolling update over the course of a few days.
Still waiting here myself.

ok now i know thanks

DeanONH
Protege
Still waiting for 15.

KarstenS80
Adventurer
I'm still on v14, but can see the switch for the new pass through mode. When I turn on and the double tap, I get the box with the help text too. Just the pass through I dont get with v14.

Supercharger600
Honored Guest

All of these features and enhancements will become available throughout the week of March 23, 2020.
So for some reason, I haven't been able to update my Quest but, I had the chance to yesterday(March 26th), and I checked, but I restarted my headset since there was a glitch going on in one of my games. So I did not update it. I've checked everyday this week to see if I got it, and after that chance I had, I've never had the chance to update. Is this normal?

Decalt17
Honored Guest
I have the pass-through shortcut option, I've turned it on but it's not working for me 😞 I've tried many different variations of double tapping the side of the headset, fast, slow, light, hard, nothing does anything. Any clues?

Deadaus
Expert Protege

Decalt17 said:

I have the pass-through shortcut option, I've turned it on but it's not working for me 😞 I've tried many different variations of double tapping the side of the headset, fast, slow, light, hard, nothing does anything. Any clues?

I have the same issue. Does not work for me.

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Hey folks - jumping in to provide a quick update on the v15 rollout. The team discovered a couple bugs during the rollout that has caused a slight delay in getting it out to everyone. We're currently working to get fixes in and get those fixes tested. As soon as everything looks good again, we'll resume the rollout. I'll be sure to provide another update early next week. As always, thanks for your patience!

toonron
Honored Guest
I must admit I'm saddened to hear that they rollout has been delayed. The fix for the black screen when it's still actually running in the background and the passthrough cam feature are going to make a big difference for me and I've been checking multiple times a day to see if the update came through!! 😞

drajen1
Honored Guest
I received the update for version 15, I saw the feature for Passthrough +, I enabled it in Experimental Features, and it just disappeared; has this happened to anyone else?  I came here thinking they removed it from Experiments. Looks like that is not the case.