New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Is the Oculus Rift S Sold Out?

CreeperXteoCreeperXteo Posts: 1
NerveGear
I have been on every tech store imaginable, called several numbers, but to no avail.  Not available anywhere AT ALL for a price of $400.  Not even on the Oculus website can you buy it!  Can I please get some suggestions?  Thanks.

Answers

• Crazy_SaneCrazy_Sane Posts: 346
    Trinity
    Because of the Corona virus the factories that make them in China have halted production. It could be many months before you can get them again.

If you can't wait and don't want to spend ridiculous money on one, I'd suggest finding a used one.
  • kojackkojack Posts: 6,411 Volunteer Moderator
    As of yesterday Ireland and UK Oculus stores still had it in stock. All the others don't.

• RapidFighter7RapidFighter7 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    is there anyway to get hold if a brand new one

• Crazy_SaneCrazy_Sane Posts: 346
    Trinity
    They are currently unavailable in Australia. My advice is to check the Oculus store and Amazon every day. When they do get new stock, they wont advertise it and they will sell out quickly.

But I would recommend getting an Oculus Quest. They are an amazing standalone unit you can take anywhere, and they function as a PC VR headset like the Rift S. They even use the same controllers.

The Oculus Quest is currently available from Oculus, via their store or Amazon, and is the same price as a Rift S (although you do need a high quality USB C cable to link it to a PC).