cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Oculus quest system driver has stopped"

Pandahumper808
Honored Guest
 My oculus quest was working perfectly fine last night zero issues, put it in its normal spot plugged in. I just got back home from work, unplug my quest and normal boot up. But as soon as I look around(haven't passed the guardian setup)the surroundings freeze and "oculus system driver has stopped" pops up. I've restarted my quest many times, in hopes that this is just a tracking error but I'm not sure what's the problem. If anyone else has had this issue please reach out ? 

26 REPLIES 26

puppy1162
Honored Guest
I ran into the same problem. Usually I sit down so did not have that problem. It's when I tried to do room scale I ran into the same problem. I don't know if it has to do with update 14 or what. I'll keep an ear out if I find something I'll write it out for you.

puppy1162
Honored Guest
Never mind what I said. They just rolled out update 15. Apparently they redid the Sentury boundary. This is probably why you're having problems also.

denis_howe
Honored Guest
I have v15 and it still happens to me.  It seems to happen if I start outside my previous guardian boundary.

Hukilounge
Honored Guest
We are experiencing the same/similar issues recently as well. (Would like to roll back whatever update caused that issue.)

denis_howe
Honored Guest
It was fine playing Star Trek Bridge Crew with a stationary boundary.  But whenever I try to redefine my roomscale boundary, it crashes and I have to restart the Quest.  About six times this evening.  I even tried doing a factory reset.  Let's hope there's a v16 soon.

denis_howe
Honored Guest
Mirrors!  I was facing a cupboard with glass doors while trying to set the roomscale boundary.  As long as I don't look at it while setting the boundary, everything's fine.  It actually makes sense - setting a roomscale boundary is about the only time the Quest is using the cameras for anything other than tracking the controllers.  Thank you Mark for suggesting this.

CrystalDragonGo
Honored Guest
Have anyone figured out this issue?? This happened before and I factory reset. Everything worked after that, but the only problem is, on all my games, I lost all my saved work and had to start all over from the beginning. I really don’t want to go through the same thing. There has to be another way.. If the oculus would just stop doing updates, there wouldn’t be an problem. I liked it just the way it was. 

SwassGlass
Honored Guest
I am also getting a crash at the boundary setup. I got it 4 times and decided to do a factory reset, but same issue. I can now not use my Quest at all. 

I tried doing stationary only and it still crashed. 

denis_howe
Honored Guest
@CrystalDragonGoddess @SwassGlass Can either of you see any reflective surfaces in the place where you are trying to set your roomscale guardian boundary?  My theory is that it is reflections that crash the boundary set-up code.  A friend had trouble with a large mirror, for me it was cupboards with glass doors but I guess it could be anything reflective, maybe even windows.  The solution for me was just to not look at the cupboard while creating the boundary.