cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest Right Controller not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
Basically I just got my quest today and I love it to death but randomly the right controller stopped working. It tracks fine but both triggers dont work, the regular a and b buttons work. I tried changing the batteries which done nothing, restarting the vr, and doing tutorial like 3 times. Something I noticed is when doing the tutorial the animations dont work for you hand on the right at all. Also I realized that the right trigger is constantly down (not physically but in game its always as if its constanyly being pressed down. PLEASE can someone help Im desperate and really want to use this vr.
87 REPLIES 87

CageRaidHD
Honored Guest
So I was unaware of the battery issue and put in the batteries that oculus sent with the headset. I put them in, played for about half an hour, set them down, and when I went to pick them up again, “right controller can’t be found” yup, battery leaked all inside my right controller. I sent a ticket to oculus, God knows how long it will be before I get to play again. Oculus should be better than this.

Motorider16
Honored Guest
Did anyone get this resolved thru oculus or am stuck buying new controller 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well.... I kind of joined the club about a month ago... but fortunately, I bought it from a retailer... so I took it back as it was a week old, as in, took the whole Quest back... then ordered a new one... 2 weeks in, the right controller stopped working.. I unpaired it, now I can't pair it anymore, so I can't pas the initial setup.... uuugghh... it is definitely a QC issue with the right controllers... batteries have nothing to do with mine, as I didn't use their cheap batteries, but immediately used Duracell...so I can tell you what stopped mine from working is not a leaky battery, but something in the controller.. I know they're packed with sensors and all.. but still... I did open a support ticket, chatted with someone, and now I am in the 2 day purgatory till they get back to me... I can't say I am too surprised because they're simply owned by Facebook... enough said!!

calvin_enders
Honored Guest
Mine just went out on me today. Didn't know what was going on. I don't think it's a connection issue. I can't seem to get it to power up. Left controller seems to be working fine. 

katywings
Honored Guest
Just found this thread... I guess atleast we are not alone. I got my quest on last wednesday, the battery in the right controller leaked in a few hours gametime during the next days and now the controller is dead.

timonearth
Honored Guest
Joy still happening I see. Anyone had luck with getting a new controller yet?

RufflesFalcor
Honored Guest
Played one song on beat saber and my right hand dissapeared after. There are several people indicating that the right hand control is a problem. Has anyone gotten help? I have had this thing 3 days. This is a terrible problem that the general public is unaware of. This is worse than joy con drift. This problem makes the more expensive system unplayable. I am in 2 business day purgatory but if the solution is to give them more money for a new controller that would be unacceptable. 

mystq
Honored Guest
FIX!!!!!!!

Have the batteries out of the controller, turn on the quest when it gets to the room boundary menu put both batteries in at the same time,,,,,,,, Your welcome 🙂      

fancy_moyoga
Honored Guest
Thank you for your idea, but it did not work for me.  
Here is what I tried for an initial fix. It worked for me at first, I will let you know if it continues to work.
  1. Take a Q Tip, and dab it in some white vinegar.
  2. Open the controller and take out the battery.
  3. Wipe down the connection inside the controller to remove any corroded battery acid
  4. Wipe down the end of the battery as well.
  5. Then re-insert the battery and boot up.
Give that a shot...

Raidiance
Honored Guest
Guys... I've dead left controller and I've FIXED it.
Here's what I did.

1. Take out the batteries.
  2. Clean both ends at the battery chamber.
    My guess is that the included battery leaked, just as you guys mentioned above.
  3. Take out if there's any crust.
    Those leakages made crust so that it prevents the Head Battery (+) to connect the electricity.
    I used even sharp tool to remove it, it was necessary.
  4. Use cotton buds as a finisher.
In my case, it seems that the battery chamber was only dirty so that it prevents battery electricity to do their job.
I think YouTubers should give a warning not to use included battery right off the bat.