cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADD personal music to BOXVR??

Cameraguy320
Protege
How to I add personal music to BOXVR????  When I am in the game and select "TRAIN" with personal music it opens up a screen with my folders.  I went into MUSIC and ITUNES folder and neither will show music to select????
18 REPLIES 18

3dguy
Explorer
I just got the Quest and want to add custom music. Can anyone tell me how?

jean_lem_1297
Honored Guest
Is there a possibility on the quest today?

kike12040
Honored Guest
Yes, bought it for the quest without custom songs to be able to add it really is disappointing.  Will request refund without this option since it will get boring not being able to upload the songs i prefer.

jean_lem_1297
Honored Guest
To my knowledge it is not possible to put your own music on the Quest. However if you have a high performance pc, it is possible to access Boxvr (pc) via Virtual Desktop, the Pc version allowing you to import your songs. It works very well with GForce 1060, and a weak i3. 5Ghz WiFi router required. In Virtual Desktop it is necessary to play the audio locally to avoid latency. Also for Windows installations in a language other than English, it is necessary to set the regional settings to "en". Otherwise Boxvr does not import mp3s. The import is not practical since you cannot import in batch. For this I hold the quest on a chair at the height of the display panel in the game itself, I put a protection on the glasses simulating the presence of a person in the quest (maybe is there an option in the quest, I have not looked) and then I head on my computer screen with the joysticks.

PapaWasARolling
Honored Guest
Wow this is really disappointing, all reviews showed that this game had custom songs built-in, and was looking forward to enjoying that. 
Now that I am reading into this all the solution @jean.lem.1297 has offered are really a try hard for making such a basic functionality work.(BTW using SideQuest you can transfer any files from\to Quest.)
Also the lack of response from the @FitXRsupport or @fitxr is really disappointing, but this silence kinda hint of some decision they made; probably understood that custom music means people wont rush to buy the extra songs\DLC so  they blocked the option. I should probably share this with the game reviewing channel as the post misinformation about this product. 

gianflavio
Honored Guest
Wow, I also thought i could add my own music to Box VR on my quest, super disappointed I can't. It's probably the main reason why I bought it to begin with. Luckily I havent played more than 2 hours and will request refund. I don't have a VR Ready PC which is why I bought the quest to begin with. What a farce.

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

Wow, I also thought i could add my own music to Box VR on my quest, super disappointed I can't. It's probably the main reason why I bought it to begin with. Luckily I havent played more than 2 hours and will request refund. I don't have a VR Ready PC which is why I bought the quest to begin with. What a farce.

Well its up 2 U to request a refund, but I will say, its not all about adding music - its all about timing.  BoxVR is a workout.  It's not really a game, and having music in sync is part of that.

FWIW most of the 3rd party Beat Saber tracks are complete shit IMO, and they were created with the map editor.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

Nunyabinez
Rising Star

Nah, we need "Satisifed" by Richard Marx 🙂  Or did you never see the Eurosport boxing trailer from 1989/90?

Dude, not sure if being serious, but when Richard Marx was a thing, I was totally into his music! Time to break out my old CDs 🙂

081x7xbfeayu.gif

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee

Nah, we need "Satisifed" by Richard Marx 🙂  Or did you never see the Eurosport boxing trailer from 1989/90?

Dude, not sure if being serious, but when Richard Marx was a thing, I was totally into his music! Time to break out my old CDs 🙂

In 1989/1990 Eurosport had an excellent intro to their daily boxing prog that was this song - and you know where at the end of each chorus bit they have those drum hits - on each beat it showed someone getting smacked in the face! It was really awesome and some of the hits looked brilliant - usually the KO ones 🙂

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2