cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus says "Sorry looks like your antivirus has blocked the install of Quill"

dongetti
Explorer
The only antivirus on my windows 7 machine is windows defender. I shut defender down and rebooted but I still get the same error. ???
Any help would be appreciated.
11 REPLIES 11

Acejhm
Explorer
You could try launching the Oculus app as an administrator so that your antivirus won't see it as a potential threat.  I've never had problems with that though.  I would highly recommend installing a different antivirus though.  Also, if you shut windows defender down and rebooted, then it would have started back up again once your PC booted back up. 

Do you get any sort of prompt on your Desktop when you try to launch the Quill installation?  It may be asking for admin privileges or firewall access while your looking through the headset and since you can't see it, it prevents you from installing.

Stump-_-
Honored Guest
I had the same problem right off the bat. I knew it wasn't AV related, and I thought it might be due to installing on different drives, but all I had to do was reinstall Oculus using the "repair" feature and problem solved! -Windows 10/Defender

srw007
Honored Guest
Hello! just want to say I did the same as "godfingerzzz" and it worked for me as well. (Also have my oculus installed on a different drive)

Vinagrette
Explorer
I had the same issue. I tried everything.
Last thing I did, before i threw my PC, was I went to settings, then beta and chose restart oculus. That seemed to work for me.

ImaginedWorld
Honored Guest
Having the same issue with Asgard's Wrath. It downloads 80 gigs and then will either say virus software is blocking it, or that it just couldn't install. Antivirus software has been deactivated and uninstalled, I've tried running as administrator, and restarting oculus through beta, and although that will restart the download, it still won't install. I have installed other games since then, it's just Asgards Wrath. Requesting a refund in a support ticket now. 

ReiiLeon
Honored Guest
ImaginedWorld men am having the same issue with Asgard's Wrath, anyone has a solution for this?

visc
Honored Guest
ARE YOU FUCKING JOKING ME >!>!!> REFUND THE GAMES?@!??@!!?>

chris1234322
Explorer
still doing this shit, what a bunch of idiots!

Luciferous
Consultant
I wont be buying anything else from Oculus until they sort out this crap out.