cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Will You Do When You Win The Lottery?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay, let's assume that you've won £100m on the Euromillions or US Lottery. What will you do with the cash?

I'd do the following:

1) Find a horse the next day that's 100/1 and stick my £100m on the nose to win

2) With my £10bn I'll do the following:

• Buy a load of property (a house in the country, a house by the seaside, a house in London and a house in Ireland)
  • Buy 100 Bitcoins
  • Buy a horsie and name him Giggsy
  • Buy a few racehorses
  • Invest around £1bn in VR developers (or maybe £1m if I don't decide to make that bet above), and pay someone to finish my game for me 😄
  • Forget about my friends and family cos they're all bloody gold-diggers, same with all of you lot too 😄
  • Give a fair bit to cancer research and diabetes research, £1bn each (or £1m if I don't make that bet)

Now some of you may think I've lost my marbles with number 1) above but think about it. You've won the lottery at odds of around 15,000,000/1. Your luck is running, so odds of 100/1 is NOTHING.

I should have a good amount left over (depending on how good or bad my racehorses are) and I'll just live on the interest and treat myself to something nice every now and then.
45 REPLIES 45

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RuneSR2 said:

I don't want more money, I just want Stormland, Lone Echo 2 and Half-Life 3 VR!

I just realized, when Lone Echo 2 arrives, I've won the lottery ❤️ 😄 B) (I count Alyx for HL-3 VR, because in HL-3 VR I'm convinced I'd end up shooting many of the same things I'll be shooting in Alyx - like persons wearing strange crab-hats etc. ;))

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

kobs57
Heroic Explorer
Buy a tropical island have someone build a house on it and get off the damn grid, no TV no radio except a sat phone and someone reliable on the other end to bring me food once a month, no computer just my favorite music and the azure blue sky and crystal clear water, as if I was on another planet.
VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 
32 gigs of G.Skill Trident Z neo 2X16 Gb DDR4 3200Mhz
 MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-570 Gaming plus motherboard,
EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
Oculus is on a  CORSAIR Force MP600 Gen4 PCIe x4 NVMe M.2 SSD

FitBoy01
Explorer
I will first of all help the needy people. I will help those people who can't afford enough food to eat, enough dressing to wear and have not enough facilities to live a normal life. 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've now decided to buy a load of lions and tigers and open up a zoo. Just got to make sure I don't pick up a pro and marry her, cos that way leads to death ☠?☠???

Rajayadav1234
Explorer
You can invest that money for your future.

Digikid1
Consultant

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kobs57
Heroic Explorer
Yeah Rajay, and a few years later some idiot hits you with his car and you die without even enjoying your money. But on the bright side, all of your family will be very happy and will probably throw a party thinking what a....... you were (fill in the blank)
VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 
32 gigs of G.Skill Trident Z neo 2X16 Gb DDR4 3200Mhz
 MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-570 Gaming plus motherboard,
EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
Oculus is on a  CORSAIR Force MP600 Gen4 PCIe x4 NVMe M.2 SSD

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
The irony of winning now would at least give you plenty of time for reflection as to what you will want to do with it all.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

kobs57 said:

Yeah Rajay, and a few years later some idiot hits you with his car and you die without even enjoying your money. But on the bright side, all of your family will be very happy and will probably throw a party thinking what a....... you were (fill in the blank)

Knowing my lot THEY'LL be the ones hitting me with the car. Scheming bastards!!!

That is part of my plan. When I win £50m or so I'm going to put the whole lot on a 100/1 horse to win (as soon as racing starts again of course!). I'll then be worth 5 billion smackeroonies. My plan is foolproof.

andersson031
Explorer
How about go on your separate island in the Pacific Ocean?