cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lone echo keeps crashing

Kitkat0981
Explorer
Purchased this game yesterday and keeps crashing.

i have Rift S with i7-9700k with RTX2070 and 32gb ram.

i tried several things in the forums of changing settings and graphics and still keeps crashing. Requested refund says I played more then 2hrs yet I haven’t even done 10% of the game.

for being the most expensive game in the store this is REALLY BAD !

what next?

from what I read the developers are not interested in providing any support.
52 REPLIES 52

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Try an older video card driver? How far back can you go?

I've completed the game, it never crashed - so it's probably more your rig than the game, and devs can't test all hardware + software combinations.  

Only Alyx is better than Lone Echo, of course it's very high priority getting the game to work - or contact Oculus Support or write a post on Oculus Reddit. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Try 441.87, this driver has been thoroughly tested with Lone Echo and RTX - as it was the very first driver to support VRSS using RTX cards:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/156282/en-us

If the game still crashes, try 416.34 which was the first driver to support 2070:

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/138697/en-us

Yup, it's an old driver, but if it works...

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Kitkat0981
Explorer
Ill try that when I get the chance, installed and playing Espire1 now.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I built my rig in Jan of 2019, and Lone Echo has never run successfully on it.
Always crashes shortly after it starts. I have many other VR games installed and never had a moments problem out of any of them, only Lone Echo. Asgard's Wrath runs beautifully. Half Life Alyx runs beautifully. Fallout 4 VR runs beautifully. Along with many others including two combat flight sims.

And the Devs don't give a crap either, submitted log file after log file and crash reports, they never even took time to respond to any of them. I gave up and  uninstalled this piece of crap for good a few months ago. And they darn sure won't get any of my money for Lone Echo 2 whenever it does come out. 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Lone Echo is the most amazing VR game, in some aspects even beyond Alyx, but Lone Echo is not a first person shooter. 

Not getting the game to work is a small catastrophe. It seems many have the game working using Revive. Just a long shot, if you install Revive, would you be able to play the game through Steam - or maybe Revive doesn't work on Oculus hmds - I never tried that, but this is indeed an emergency situation.

If none of the above drivers work, could be a fun experiment trying to Revive the game, if that somehow should work. Because Lone Echo works perfectly with the Index - apart from me needing a faster gpu... And I know several RTX users play Lone Echo using the Index.

Anonymous
Not applicable
The issue is the game running natively with the Rift, which is what it was made for. And there are a few with RTX cards that it will not, and there is zero support on it.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

dburne said:

The issue is the game running natively with the Rift, which is what it was made for. And there are a few with RTX cards that it will not, and there is zero support on it.

I fully agree that Lone Echo should - if possible - be experienced with native Oculus drivers - but if that plan fails, I'd do whatever it takes to get the game running using alternative solutions. Not being able to experience Lone Echo is really close to not being able to experience Alyx. 
Of course the error may not be caused by drivers - it could be many other programs (Windows, cough) or simply caused by some hardware combinations. It would be interesting if 441.87 or 416.34 work with the game.
Although it's a crazy thought, it could be fun to see if Revive would work (as the very last solution) - it's right here: https://github.com/LibreVR/Revive/releases (only 34MB) - you'll get a new nice round button in SteamVR - of course Revive may not support real Oculus hmds, and I wonder if someone has ever tried that, lol... Who dares wins?

FlyingantVR
Honored Guest
I'm getting the same issues so your not the only one, have you found a solution yet ? Rift S with i7-9700k with RTX2080 super and 16gb ram.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting the same issues so your not the only one, have you found a solution yet ? Rift S with i7-9700k with RTX2080 super and 16gb ram.

Not on my end, I gave up and permanently uninstalled it. Not worth it.
Zero support or assistance from the Devs. 
So they burned me once, but won't be burning me again that is for sure.