cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest / Go Build 16.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Update 4/27/2020: Hey everyone - just wanted to give you a heads up that you should expect to see another software update, which will begin rolling out to a percentage of users today. This hotfix fixes a bug that sometimes caused sideloaded applications to disappear from users’ libraries. Thanks to everyone who reported the bug and for your patience while the team worked to address it!

Accessibility

• We’ve added the option to swap the Oculus button functionality to the left Touch controller and the Menu button functionality to the right Touch controller. You can find this option by navigating to Settings > Device > Controllers.
  • You can now turn off or lower the intensity of Touch controller vibration. This can also be found in the Settings > Device > Controllers menu.

Guardian

• You can now set up your roomscale Guardian boundaries without controllers by using hand tracking instead.
  • The Passthrough view can now be selected as your Home Environment. Navigate to Settings > Virtual Environment to check it out!

Social

• When browsing the Facebook app on your phone, you may see an option to “Open in VR” for certain content. Clicking this button will launch that web content on your headset when you put it on.
  • Parties has received a variety of quality improvements. This includes updates to the party invite flow and clearer notifications upon joining a Party.
  • You can now send and receive clickable links through Chats. Clicked links will open in a web browser.
  • Opening a new chat in VR will automatically open the keyboard.
    • Please note that this change is an experiment that only a percentage of users will see.
  • User-created events now allow you to easily start a chat thread with all users who have been invited.
    • Please note that this feature is only available to a percentage of users at this time.
  • When unsubscribing from an event, you will now be prompted to confirm your decision.
  • A new friends panel has been added to the right side of the Explore panel.
    • Please note that this feature is only available to a percentage of users at this time.
  • The Scoreboard app will now allow you to recommend a game to a friend.
    • Please note that the Scoreboard app is still only available to a percentage of users at this time. This change will only be visible to those users and you will only be able to recommend a game to users who also have access to the Scoreboard app.

Fixes

• A delay caused by enabling the Passthrough Shortcut in the new user experience has been reduced.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the headset to hang on the Oculus boot logo.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the app preview page to scroll when only scrolling the app’s ratings and review panel.
  • Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented Oculus Link from launching correctly after reconnecting Quest to your PC.
  • Fixed an issue that caused controllers to disappear when Hand Tracking was enabled while using Oculus Link.
  • General Link stability improvements.
80 REPLIES 80

Anonymous
Not applicable
social menu isn't loading and won't load my go live menu either? anyone have any ideas 

chrisPOqid
Honored Guest

Cb_zombie said:

social menu isn't loading and won't load my go live menu either? anyone have any ideas 

I am having this same issue.  Did you find a fix?

SirSpartacus
Honored Guest
Any word on the audio bug? As in the bug that doesn't allow certain games like "lies Beneath" audio to be recorded or streamed. I was really hoping this update would have fixed that. 

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer

Cb_zombie said:

Same here on v15. No friends on my list anymore. Strange ...
Meta Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 winner
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/

gregor616
Adventurer
Anyone notice the Space Station environment? Love it!
Oculus Quest 
AMD Ryzen 7 2700, GeForce RTX 2060 Super, 32GB, Asus B450 Motherboard

zaki92
Honored Guest
The update option didn't show up in my quest.
Is there any way to force update it to v16?

MadMax1998
Adventurer

zaki92 said:

The update option didn't show up in my quest.
Is there any way to force update it to v16?

I hope this is allowed, but here is how to manually update.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I think it would be safer to wait for v16 to roll out to your area.  Usually only takes 4-7 days.  Just check your settings/about and if it is available the update button will appear.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

MadMax1998
Adventurer
Following up I just wanted to report that I manually updated to 16 with no issues. Just follow the guide. If you are computer illiterate though, better wait. 😉

brooksimus
Honored Guest
can you add boneworks to quest please