cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Oculus quest system driver has stopped"

Pandahumper808
Honored Guest
 My oculus quest was working perfectly fine last night zero issues, put it in its normal spot plugged in. I just got back home from work, unplug my quest and normal boot up. But as soon as I look around(haven't passed the guardian setup)the surroundings freeze and "oculus system driver has stopped" pops up. I've restarted my quest many times, in hopes that this is just a tracking error but I'm not sure what's the problem. If anyone else has had this issue please reach out ? 

26 REPLIES 26

jdcjdc1993
Honored Guest
what ended up working for me as a temporary way to setup the guardian/roomscale was to set it up in low light conditions. once I turned on my room lights, the system would start crashing if I was trying to set up a new guardian.

SwassGlass
Honored Guest
I tried in a different room this morning and it worked fine. I should have tried a different room last night I guess? I will try the problem room later to see if it is still broken there. But no, no mirrors or Windows 

aranela
Honored Guest

Mirrors!  I was facing a cupboard with glass doors while trying to set the roomscale boundary.  As long as I don't look at it while setting the boundary, everything's fine.  It actually makes sense - setting a roomscale boundary is about the only time the Quest is using the cameras for anything other than tracking the controllers.  Thank you Mark for suggesting this.

Origially I thought this as well. I covered up the mirror and even made sure I was facing away from it when I set up, and it still kept crashing. 

wuzp
Rising Star
I discovered that if I just "do it" as quickly as possible, and then click "Confirm," that everything works.  It's only if I take too long that the Langoliers strike 🙂

Jame1s
Honored Guest
I'm having trouble with the straps on my Oculus Quest.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jame1s said:

I'm having trouble with the straps on my Oculus Quest.

That is interesting.
As I doubt it is related to the topic of this thread, you may want to start a new thread with more detail on the trouble you are having with the straps - that is if you are asking for any help...

matt_worley
Honored Guest
I contacted support about the guardian issue, they were no help. After 2 rounds of questions and trouble shooting they asked me to do all the things I already had done once I noticed the issue. I'm a guy that can troubleshoot. This issue sucks since I don't always use my quest in the same place. 

MadMax1998
Adventurer
Just chiming in here to say I had this problem too on update 15. Quest decided to forget my room's Guardian for no reason and asked me to redo it, but then crashed immediately. Turning the lights down and looking at the floor while quickly drawing the lines allowed me to redo the Guardian, but spending more than 30 seconds or so in passthrough mode crashes the system driver too. I really REALLY wish Oculus would test their updates more before rolling them out!

ndhanwada
Honored Guest
same here get the message driver keeps stopping and have to reboot each and every time no success...keeps it alive with a stationery boundary for sometime but then once you change to room scale driver keeps crashing on the oculus quest 

Bestbudz4life
Honored Guest
I was having problems with the passthrough activate by its self then the driver stopped. I disabled the passthrough and no problem since that's v15