cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest / Go Build 16.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Update 4/27/2020: Hey everyone - just wanted to give you a heads up that you should expect to see another software update, which will begin rolling out to a percentage of users today. This hotfix fixes a bug that sometimes caused sideloaded applications to disappear from users’ libraries. Thanks to everyone who reported the bug and for your patience while the team worked to address it!

Accessibility

• We’ve added the option to swap the Oculus button functionality to the left Touch controller and the Menu button functionality to the right Touch controller. You can find this option by navigating to Settings > Device > Controllers.
  • You can now turn off or lower the intensity of Touch controller vibration. This can also be found in the Settings > Device > Controllers menu.

Guardian

• You can now set up your roomscale Guardian boundaries without controllers by using hand tracking instead.
  • The Passthrough view can now be selected as your Home Environment. Navigate to Settings > Virtual Environment to check it out!

Social

• When browsing the Facebook app on your phone, you may see an option to “Open in VR” for certain content. Clicking this button will launch that web content on your headset when you put it on.
  • Parties has received a variety of quality improvements. This includes updates to the party invite flow and clearer notifications upon joining a Party.
  • You can now send and receive clickable links through Chats. Clicked links will open in a web browser.
  • Opening a new chat in VR will automatically open the keyboard.
    • Please note that this change is an experiment that only a percentage of users will see.
  • User-created events now allow you to easily start a chat thread with all users who have been invited.
    • Please note that this feature is only available to a percentage of users at this time.
  • When unsubscribing from an event, you will now be prompted to confirm your decision.
  • A new friends panel has been added to the right side of the Explore panel.
    • Please note that this feature is only available to a percentage of users at this time.
  • The Scoreboard app will now allow you to recommend a game to a friend.
    • Please note that the Scoreboard app is still only available to a percentage of users at this time. This change will only be visible to those users and you will only be able to recommend a game to users who also have access to the Scoreboard app.

Fixes

• A delay caused by enabling the Passthrough Shortcut in the new user experience has been reduced.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the headset to hang on the Oculus boot logo.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the app preview page to scroll when only scrolling the app’s ratings and review panel.
  • Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented Oculus Link from launching correctly after reconnecting Quest to your PC.
  • Fixed an issue that caused controllers to disappear when Hand Tracking was enabled while using Oculus Link.
  • General Link stability improvements.
80 REPLIES 80

kevinwarhaft
Adventurer
waiting for update 16
kevin warhaft

Digikid1
Consultant

can you add boneworks to quest please

That is up to Valve.  NOT Oculus.

okeyone
Protege
I got 16 but wow it is super glitchy. Sometimes I am super tall and sometimes sideways sometimes part of the last app follows. Anyone else.? I think there will need to be a patch.

blazeflre
Honored Guest
I was already having problems with oculus link such as stuttering and sometimes completely blacking out to 1 screen
now within the first 5 seconds of trying it to see if the bug was fixed made it worse? if there is a way to downgrade to v14 or otherways can someone help me?

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is also a glitch in the past few updates that disconnects the battery while using the Quest. When it happens the screen slightly jitters, and after that when switching to the dashboard view, it shows the battery is no longer connected. If you try to turn the battery back on after the glich it will stay on for three seconds, then disconnect again. This happens until you reboot. I was hoping update 16 would've fixed this, but it's still happening. It was working up to two updates ago and the Quest would stay cool and battery at 100% for very long sessions. Please fix this in the next update if possible. Thank you!

xavier_bhlee
Honored Guest
After update to V16 but everything still exactly the same...No new menu or new function.

Strongit
Heroic Explorer

blazeflre said:

I was already having problems with oculus link such as stuttering

Can anyone else who was having the stuttering issue confirm whether this is still a problem?  I still have a ticket open with them for it and they're at the point where they want to replace my headset; I honestly think the new one's going to have the same problem as it reeks of a software issue.
Quest 1, i5-8600K at 4.7 GHz, eVGA 1080 ti FTW3, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16 GB 3200 MHz

only1215
Honored Guest
Is there anyone having issue transmitting screenshot to pc after this update? not able to store the photo on pc, could only upload the photos through fb. Rebooting Quest many times but nothing helps, sooo frustrated              :' ((((((

Oliver2222
Protege
Xavier
have you rebooted your quest a few times 

Fangh
Explorer
It seems that my Oculus Desktop app is still 15.0 and I don't have my hand tracking when using Oculus Link in Unity3D anymore !

https://developer.oculus.com/bugs/bug/886196565135038/