cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest won’t update

eugenioceriello
Honored Guest
My quest doesn’t update. It’s stuck on version 3.6. 
Theres no more option on the app to select the automatic updates. I’ve tried to delete the app and download it again with no effect. The quest is not turned off and always on standby and on WiFi.wlpzh5ok8dpn.jpeg quest S
18 REPLIES 18

ChrisDoesStuff
Explorer
Anyone found anything here? 

BDcat
Explorer

My quest doesn’t update. It’s stuck on version 3.6. 
Theres no more option on the app to select the automatic updates. I’ve tried to delete the app and download it again with no effect. The quest is not turned off and always on standby and on WiFi.wlpzh5ok8dpn.jpeg quest S

I have the exact same version, ending with 3939 ... have you figured this out? 

BDcat
Explorer
100% charge, auto-update in phone app 'on', headset left alone for a loong time, 1 meter away from the router ... and nothing. The only option left is factory reset. 

BDcat
Explorer
Factory reset helped, if anyone is interested. 

i_like_10_tacos
Explorer
I tried everything even a factory reset and now I'm stuck at update 11 so nothing worked

zxgamergod345xz
Honored Guest
Is firmware v12 the latest quest update or is it supposed to be v12.1. Cause if so I have not been able to update to version 12.1

DalleLama
Honored Guest
Dont understand why Oculus left us with these problems and even dont care....I'm consittering to sell it and I will tell everyone else to do the same. This will be a problem all the time, even in 1 year, that just going to be a second problem and so on and so on.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got my quest through preorder and its not updating, is anyone else having this problem and can anyone help.

wuzp
Rising Star

ezop73 said:

Oculus official support page for updating the quest https://support.oculus.com/565676937249229/

Your Oculus Quest headset is updated automatically when connected to Wi-Fi and turned on. To make sure that your Oculus Quest software is updated automatically, make sure that:
  • your headset is charged, turned on and connected to Wi-Fi;
  • you allow your headset to sit on a flat surface without moving the headset or blocking the inside sensor for an extended period of time.
Note: Your Oculus Quest is not updated automatically while turned off.

I don't know if you use a lens cover or not but if you do, try leaving it off.

The last bullet point is important.  It won't update, if "it thinks" you are using it or otherwise bothering it.