cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how many posts needed before pasting a LINK?

asadaso
Explorer
im new here and dont knw much
how many posts needed before pasting a LINK?
please help
8 REPLIES 8

Those in control of the forum spam filter feel it's best not to say too much about how it works, particularly the mechanism that makes members 'trusted' as this would help those looking to post spam.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nobody knows 🙂 

Word to the wise...

If (for argument's sake) someone were to post short comments in many different threads, just to reach the post count threshold that allowed links to be posted, then immediately started posting unsolicited links to commercial websites or services. The moderators ban-for-spam threshold may also be reached 😉

If in doubt over what's permissible in the way of website links, it's probably best to message the mods first. I think it really comes down to whether links have been posted for commercial gain, those are the posts that we look out for. Products or software that are VR related or specifically designed for Rifts and Quest would generally be ok provided the posts weren't repeated or bumped in a spammy way.

asadaso
Explorer

Word to the wise...

If (for argument's sake) someone were to post short comments in many different threads, just to reach the post count threshold that allowed links to be posted, then immediately started posting unsolicited links to commercial websites or services. The moderators ban-for-spam threshold may also be reached 😉

If in doubt over what's permissible in the way of website links, it's probably best to message the mods first. I think it really comes down to whether links have been posted for commercial gain, those are the posts that we look out for. Products or software that are VR related or specifically designed for Rifts and Quest would generally be ok provided the posts weren't repeated or bumped in a spammy way.

Thanks alot

alexsandro22
Explorer
I am interested in it too. I often see some threads where answers with links can be useful for posters

FitBoy01
Explorer
Hahaha it's really very funny question. May be after 15 posts.

SpottiChen
Protege

WoW, seriously? After 15 posts you can add a link? That's not nessccary at all.

kojack
MVP
MVP
If any of you need clickable links in a post before you hit the requirements, let a moderator ( @kojack @DaftnDirect @Techy111 @nalex66 ) know and we can edit them in for you.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2