cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order as a Guest but now have a registered account

Sarlin
Adventurer
Is there any way to link my order to my now registered account?
12 REPLIES 12

Dakana
Protege
Not at the moment sadly. I'm in the same boat but need to log out and use the whole email referral thing. It's possible the oculus software will be able to tell the account it's tied to that it has a legit piece of hardware so that people can't randomly attach guest accounts they don't own, but that's just a guess

cybereality
Grand Champion
No, accounts can't be linked. But you're not missing anything.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

martin_cy
Explorer

No, accounts can't be linked. But you're not missing anything.

I've heard rumours that once your create a Oculus ID (like we have done to write this) it will be hard linked to that E-mail used, I hope it does not matter what e-mail was used to pre-order? I can still link my rift when it arrives to this account and get access to my pre-order games?

since during pre-order many things were crazy and I ended up ordering as a guest, with a different e-mail then this account.. I assume that once my rift arrives I can register it with any oculus account I have?, or create a new one with an e-mail that is different from the one that the original order was made from and I will still have access to the pre-ordered games.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4c99ok/psa_oculus_id_and_email_are_locked_in/

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a head ache for me. I was offered a Unity Pro trial but I couldn't use it since my Oculus order doesn't show on my Oculus account. I've requested on two occasions for the Order to be added to my account and customer services say this can't be done or they will look into it? A company which makes billions from making social applications can't perform a simple database change. Its bizarre.

Denspion
Protege
same here, wasn't able to use the trial as it says "no purchased rift" on my account, you'd think they could simply add the s/n to your account, but sadly I hate to admit Oculus support is kinda meh. Bad enough you can only communicate through email, for $700 you think they'd offer more options for support.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sorry. The way the system was designed, Guest orders and Oculus account orders are separate and there is no way to merge them. You should have no problem logging into a Guest order on the order history page. All you need is the email address you ordered with (and you need access to this email) and the order number for the purchase.
https://shop.oculus.com/en-us/history-login/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

ignorant_savage
Honored Guest
That's not a good answer. Has this been fixed, yet?

DanielWeiner
Honored Guest
We should be able to add the order to our profile by using the order number, and then maybe have to prove it was you/me using the credit card info. Certainly it's possible and seems like it would benefit both the buyer and Oculus,  turning a "guest" into a user... please make this happen!

KaianSoKewl_YT
Honored Guest
just bought a rift s with a email different than my oculus account email. hope when i use the software it gets linked