cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controller losing track

martin_degraaf_
Explorer
Hi there,

Every now and then my right controller is losing track. It just floats in space and doesnt respond to movement. Only solution is removing the battery or reboot the quest. Anybody else experience this issue? Shall i return the quest and ask for a new one?
35 REPLIES 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Chipyluna said:

If anyone is still reading this and having this issue, I had an issue with this the other night with my right controller, I'm right handed so naturally adjusting the headset on my head would use my right hand, It occurred to me that the headset uses the cameras to detect the controllers, when I looked at the lenses they had finger prints on them, I cleaned them off and the controllers have been fine since. If it happens again try this too! Of course this worked for me it may well be that others are a hardware issue.

100% try this first.
I just had this problem. A quick camera clean and restarting the quest had everything fixed fast.

Sansedy
Honored Guest
When I'm playing, at first my controllers are perfect; responding to movement etc. But after atleast 10 minutes they both just lose tracking and start flying off until I press a button and they just come back. If I shake them too much they just stop working again and fly off. This is exceptionally annoying when I'm playing Beatsaber.

Just wish there was a fix. It only started after the new recent quest update. 

Iose2t
Honored Guest
Same for me, after 10 minutes playing it systematically looses track of both controllers...really annoying

Gio2540
Honored Guest
My controller both losing track when I'm playing boxing game and Beat Saber. 

Mr_PoOL
Protege
do you have hand tracking on? I turned mine off and it's completely gone

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Only ever happens with my left Touch - but happens very often. I play NMS a lot and the left hand doesn't do that much, but every single time I want to use it it has lost tracking. I even replaced my shaded ceiling light with a pair of spotlights to ensure the play area was lit up enough.
It can get irritating, trying to get it recognised again, especially if I'm desperate to reload as I'm being attacked - but so far the most successful way is to shake my my hand/Touch vigorously around just in front of the headset.

Interesting point by @Chipyluna though - as it's always that left side, I'll have to check and clean that side's lower camera.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Mr_PoOL
Protege
Do you have something blocking the left camera? I had that too once.

mimistine
Honored Guest
I've had this problem from the beginning. I'm constantly losing tracking mainly on my left controller. This is super frustrating for Beat Saber. Sometimes both my controllers just float. I'm constantly pulling out batteries and restarting the headset. My son, who also has an Oculus Quest, was failing songs he beats on his own headset. He tells me my headset is garbage 😞 This is my main complaint, and the weight of the headset leaves marks on my face for hours afterwards. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same issues

kraziek8460
Honored Guest
My controller keeps floating and I've tried everything