Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v17 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Social Reporting

• We’ve made improvements to in-VR reporting. These changes include:
    • Streamlined the reporting process.
    • Updated language around reasons for report.
    • Prevented reports from being submitted without evidence.
    • Improved clarity around when a report has been successfully submitted.

Oculus Link

• General Stability improvements
54 REPLIES 54

Fangzhou
Adventurer
Hope Oculus can unlock 90fps (or even more) for Rift S and let user choose 80fps if their PC is not powerful. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're going to lose everyone if you keep making social updates only. A lot of people already lost faith in you.
Although for now, I'll pretend the lack of actual updates is due to coronavirus. After that, you better have something worth it for PC VR.

joaquitoguevara
Honored Guest
I notice some wobbliness in Oculus Link. I think this update reduced it, but it's worse than v14/v15. Like when in Virtual Desktop you throw your controller in a lattice fashion. Maybe it's some movement prediction or something. Anyone?

Xarstealth
Protege

You're going to lose everyone if you keep making social updates only. A lot of people already lost faith in you.
Although for now, I'll pretend the lack of actual updates is due to coronavirus. After that, you better have something worth it for PC VR.

Oh well ill keep buying games from steam untill they dont do something for cabled rifts and i also save some money due to lower prices in most cases,
rift s is not even getting new features wich should be for both rift and quest ^^ wtf at least enable us to use wmr so we can do more without you

Aesthetiker
Explorer
Are the developer aware of this problem? https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/issues-in-vr-with-latest-oculus-rift-firmware-u...  

Please have a look and report back.....  

BigJimHunter
Sightseer
Rift S broke again... Everytime I restart the oculus software that it tells me to, I touch my headset and it needs to restart again. I had this same problem a month or two ago.... why are they breaking the software in the same way they just fixed it prior????

Whoever they have making drivers for this stuff really is not learning from their past mistakes.

Anonymous
Not applicable
With the latest updates seemingly more Quest centric, I wonder why they don't just put the PTC out for the Quest first, or even release the PTC for both Rift and Quest as well.

HwangPL
Explorer
Pavlov not working on 17. Reverting to 16 fixed the 'issue'

TheWors3
Explorer
can you guys please allow quest to use the full color range while using link? blacks are grey and contrast is reduced, colors washed out...

blazeflre
Honored Guest

MakGarett said:

Oculus Link
  • General Stability improvements
Link still doesn't work anymore for me after updating Oculus app. Still no V17 on Quest side for the moment hope it will start to work again.

Same here I haven't been able to play since april 12