cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official Films Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well bollocks, we've got a telly thread so I thought I'd create one for films too.

I'm currently working my way through Movies With A Twist Collection 3 which I downloaded years ago from TPB. All of those torrents are now dead which is a shame because I didn't get around to downloading Collection 4. I'm downloading all of those separately which is a hassle but will be worth it in the end going by 1-3 so far.

Am in the middle of watching Law Abiding Citizen, I think I've seen it before but i was so long ago I've forgotten what happens.

The problem with watching these films knowing that there's a twist makes it easy to work out what the twist in question is so probably better if you watch them without that knowledge lol

Here's a list of some of my all-time favourite films of all-time in no particular order:

Brazil
The Life Of Brian
The Holy Grail
The Meaning Of Life
Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Lifeforce (a terrible film but the female lead vampire spends most of it naked lol)
All Lethal Weapons
All Die Hards
Every Dirty Harry Film
The Jungle Book (the Disney original)
Pi
Falling Down (just for the McDonalds scene lmfao)
Silent Running
Logan's Run
All 60s-70s Planet Of The Apes
Soylent Green

Am going to stop there otherwise this post is going to be HUGE lol

583 REPLIES 583

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RedRizla said:

@RuneSR2 - The movie Split has to be one of the worst movies I have ever seen. The other two were good, but this one was pure garbage.

It was a bit long, but we did enjoy it - personally I like the focus on dissociative identity disorder (DID), there has been cases where one personality needed glasses and another didn't - and one had diabetes the other didn't - so to me Spilt was interesting in several perspectives, although they of course do take everything beyond normal limits in the movie. 
Haven't seen Glass yet, maybe this evening 🙂

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
PS. 

''Some multiples carry several different eyeglasses, because their vision changes with each personality,'' said Bennett Braun, who directs a unit devoted to treating multiple personalities at the Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center in Chicago. Dr. Braun reports the case of a young woman who in one personality was colorblind for blue and green, a problem that ended with the successful treatment of her multiple-personality condition. Another woman, admitted to a hospital for diabetes, baffled her physicians by showing no symptoms of the disorder at times when one personality, who was not diabetic, was dominant. A young man was allergic to citrus fruit in some personalities, but not in others.

Research on brain patterns of multiples has produced data of unusual promise. Dr. Braun reports the case of a woman who, at one point in her treatment, manifested four personalities. Brain wave measurements showed each had a distinct pattern of brain function. After her successful treatment, when these four personalities were blended into a single, integrated one, the remaining pattern was still distinct from any one of the previous four.

''The difference between the personalities were significantly greater than normal people simulating other personalities could produce,'' said Monte Buchsbaum, a research psychiatrist at the University of California at Irvine, who collaborated on the study. ''The personalities looked like completely different people.''

https://www.nytimes.com/1985/05/21/science/new-focus-on-multiple-personality.html

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Postman just delivered more quarantine flicks  ❤️ 
xpyadyroxh8v.jpg

kojack
MVP
MVP

kojack said:

I just finished watching Stalker.
Yeah, definitely a very different experience to the first time, I appreciate it more now.
So many great LONG takes with slowly panning or zooming cameras. Don't watch if you are impatient.
Fascinating movie if you give it a chance.

That was back in april of last year. I loaned the bluray to a co-worker a few days later.
I'm still waiting for him to watch it so I have somebody to talk to about it. Apparently he's waiting for another co-worker to come over and watch it with him, but they keep getting distracted by binge watching tv series instead.

iyg98omyijyg.gif

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RuneSR2 said:

Postman just delivered more quarantine flicks  ❤️ 
xpyadyroxh8v.jpg

Johnny English 2 took me by surprise - it was really funny, nearly had me crying of laughter of few times - that does not happen often these days. Reminded me a lot of a modern version of Inspector Jacques Clouseau in Pink Panther - wife rated Johnny English 2 9.5/10, my 12 year-old son 9/10. I think 7-8/10 would be better. Sound and visual quality was really great in the 4K version - I might even consider this the best Bond(-like) movie I've seen for years, lol. 

The VR scene was fun - you'll have to see both clips to get (and understand) the whole scene:

https://youtu.be/SXUrzqqHZs8

https://youtu.be/5W19mLb-9JM

That's why non-tethered VR is so dangerous  😉

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Saw Cloverfield a few weeks ago with the sons, and just found one of my favorite movies in the bargain bin  ❤️

dbyjvwzcrckm.jpg

Maybe Cloverfield and 10 Cloverfield Lane aren't completely connected, but both movies are produced by J. J. Abrams. And of course the movies, although being very different, are connected, more here - and spoilers:

https://screenrant.com/10-cloverfield-lane-original-movie-connection/

Kinda does relate to Alyx and Half-Life... 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Uh, never realized there's a third movie (on Netflix), also produced by J. J. Abrams - awesome - I'm gonna see that later tonight!  ❤️ (IMDB rating is pretty low though...)

https://youtu.be/jrxBaaINseI

Anonymous
Not applicable
Saw the first one and LOVED it, I just haven't got around to watching the other two yet.

A mate of mine has let me create a profile on his Disney+ account. Am working my way through the X-Men films, and have decided to watch them in chronological order rather than the order they were released, although I did watch the first two of the original trilogy to refresh my memory before starting watching them in chronological order.

I've only seen the original trilogy (X-Men, X2 and The Last Stand) when they released but never got around to watching the others.

I always preferred the X-Men to The Avengers but I've fallen WAY behind for both franchises.

Once I've watched the X-Men films I'm going to go through the Mandalorian and then go through The Avengers. ???

kojack
MVP
MVP

RuneSR2 said:

I'm gonna see that later tonight!

You have my condolences.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

kojack said:

RuneSR2 said:

I'm gonna see that later tonight!

You have my condolences.

I just experienced a great and probably profoundly underestimated first world problem. I'm still in chok  :# But the light was dim, I was getting ready to watch 10 Cloverfield Lane, and it did say Dolby Atmos clearly on the disc - did notice the HDR wasn't pronounced and that the movie felt like fake 4K - and then after watching the movie I saw that I had put the 2K and not the 4K disc in the player!!!

Oh No GIFs  Tenor

Oh No GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY