cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lone echo keeps crashing

Kitkat0981
Explorer
Purchased this game yesterday and keeps crashing.

i have Rift S with i7-9700k with RTX2070 and 32gb ram.

i tried several things in the forums of changing settings and graphics and still keeps crashing. Requested refund says I played more then 2hrs yet I haven’t even done 10% of the game.

for being the most expensive game in the store this is REALLY BAD !

what next?

from what I read the developers are not interested in providing any support.
52 REPLIES 52

Deadaus
Expert Protege
Similar issue with my set-up. i7-8700K OC to 5GHz (stressed tested stable 12hrs), RTX 2070 latest drivers. Seems problems came up when I discovered the Performance Boost mode and enabled it half way through game.. Would play fine for 15 mins or 30 mins then crash. Disabled it recently and no crash yet...

FlyingantVR
Honored Guest
Have been having the same issues and have now found the problem it's fixed it instantly. I have a i7 9700k and it was on turbo boost, l went into the bios set up and changed it back to standard 3.6 Ghz setting and now it runs faultless. I guess it was overloading the game.

needleseyemusic
Protege

Have been having the same issues and have now found the problem it's fixed it instantly. I have a i7 9700k and it was on turbo boost, l went into the bios set up and changed it back to standard 3.6 Ghz setting and now it runs faultless. I guess it was overloading the game.

This seems to have worked for me.  I do wish I did not need to disable turbo boost just to play this game though, it works fine with everything else.  Would increasing voltage to the CPU help stop the crashing, or something similar?

Anonymous
Not applicable

This seems to have worked for me.  I do wish I did not need to disable turbo boost just to play this game though, it works fine with everything else.  Would increasing voltage to the CPU help stop the crashing, or something similar?

If that is the case, that is some piss poor coding by the Devs.

RattyUK
Trustee
It isn't much help, I suppose, but after reading through this I fired up Lone Echo for the first time in a while, played about 40 minutes without any issue.  So something amiss if it isn't working, but I have no useful input what.
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

RattyUK said:

It isn't much help, I suppose, but after reading through this I fired up Lone Echo for the first time in a while, played about 40 minutes without any issue.  So something amiss if it isn't working, but I have no useful input what.

From what I have observed it seems to happen more to folks with 20x series of GPU. But who knows really...

RattyUK
Trustee

dburne said:

RattyUK said:

From what I have observed it seems to happen more to folks with 20x series of GPU. But who knows really...

2080 Super on my desktop - which I was playing it on after the post too, for a couple more hours...  Another game that siphons time from you unnoticed...  I'm on my way back to playing Jack again a little later, so really should be thanking you for the nudge 😉
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

dburne said:

RattyUK said:

Have you tried it wireless with Virtual Desktop.  On the VD compatibility sheet it looks like it works very well.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Sfwl2JNVlMykIzMc4We1KiUzAi4VLn3fajwfybc9osk/edit#gid=1213003...
I can't say I've tried Lone Echo yet because it's kinda expensive down-under (~aud$50).  After hearing Rune go on and on, and on about this, I think I'm going to finally cave-in and buy it, lol!  Should be interesting to see how it works with my Rift cv1, Vive Pro w/Revive (albeit with Vive wands), and Quest wireless w/VD.

Still kinda concerned about dburne's problems though, esp. since I may be upgrading my gtx1080ti later this year.

Also, I'm still not sure if HLA is worth 2x the price of Lone Echo. What the heck, it's only money right, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable

TomCgcmfc said:

dburne said:

RattyUK said:

Have you tried it wireless with Virtual Desktop.  On the VD compatibility sheet it looks like it works very well.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Sfwl2JNVlMykIzMc4We1KiUzAi4VLn3fajwfybc9osk/edit#gid=1213003...
I can't say I've tried Lone Echo yet because it's kinda expensive down-under (~aud$50).  After hearing Rune go on and on, and on about this, I think I'm going to finally cave-in and buy it, lol!  Should be interesting to see how it works with my Rift cv1, Vive Pro w/Revive (albeit with Vive wands), and Quest wireless w/VD.

Still kinda concerned about dburne's problems though, esp. since I may be upgrading my gtx1080ti later this year.

Also, I'm still not sure if HLA is worth 2x the price of Lone Echo. What the heck, it's only money right, lol!

No have not tried it wireless, but really do not care to. If the game cannot run for me as designed I am not going to faff about with it any more. Has been a few months since I uninstalled it, may install again just to give another try but I do not hold any hope it will. 
Btw Alyx is worth every penny imho. Awesome game.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well as it has been a while since so I gave Lone Echo one more shot.
Nadda, zip. Runs for just a very few minutes and then crashes to desktop as always. 
Only game in my collection that does this. Devs have never been any help whatsoever so am not going to even bother again.

Uninstalling for the last time. And I will certainly not be looking forward to Lone Echo 2.