cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go Not Turning on after Factory Reset

conor_carroll_7
Honored Guest
The Problem That we are having is the Oculus Go won't turn on after Factory Reset last week. I Tried Everything, and it not work, I was Removing an account from it, after the factory reset It only showing the Oculus Logo. It turned into a brick. It also showing the Orange Light.
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is a sticky thread abou the factory reset and update procedure.
Sadly users only find it once it is too late.

I have to agree with the statements made already by so many users - the "Please contact us!" reply is actually not helping anyone.
The actual problem is not a factory reset, not even a pending update.
The real problem is the impementation that Oculus uses.
A forced pairing with another device is not just totally inconvinient but also the sole source of many problems, including the bricks more and users need to send back for a fix.

Let me try to explain:
If the device needs or just receives a factory reset than usually this is a user choice.
Using the standard update procedure as on any Android device is a great idea - if you guys would not have stuffed it up by the forced pairing to another mobile device!
It is only a few lines of code that need changing.
Either make the update "pending" or simply check for updates AFTER the factory reset is finnished - and that would be once the device is fully running again.
Works totally fine on all Android devices I own, so it really is not hard to do if you think before using code that renders the device useless.

As for the fix:
All that is needed is a clean flash of the latest firmware, preferably of course in the form of a block based update as used for example on the Nvidia Shield or all Google conform devices.
In the most simple form even a flashable patch that just deletes the update flag and check for next boot will do fine.
My suggestion: Start listening to the ongoing problems and provide a real fix in the form of downloadable firmwares that can be flashed through fastboot with a simple script - ever heard of the famous "flash-all.bat" ? 😉
A user could then just download the firmware, connect the GO to his computer and run the batchfile to get a working device.
No weeks of waiting, no fear the GO might get lost in the postal system, no ruined xmas...

Either way I can only suggest that Oculus starts cleaning up the mess their restriction cause as the bricks keep piling up on a weekly base.
Some might even say this all qualifies for a recall as the current system is toally failing 😉
Only good that it is not a car that fails to work with a stuffed up computer because the driver had a flat battery and did a "factory reset" by putting a new one in ROFL
I wonder how long customers would tolerate this if they needed a tow truck instead of a return parcel....

angeljjoel
Honored Guest
This item should not be purchased , you will not be able to use it . don't throw your money away .you will spend hours trying everything to fix it you'll wait for days for support to respond you'll get tired mad frustrated .

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

This item should not be purchased , you will not be able to use it . don't throw your money away .you will spend hours trying everything to fix it you'll wait for days for support to respond you'll get tired mad frustrated .

Ya, in your case you maybe should not buy this or any Oculus product, maybe any VR product, lol!  I have had my Go since it was released +2 years ago without any problems.  Same with my +3 year old Oculus Rift cv1.

If you actually are having problems, not just trolling (like dragging up a 1.5 yo thread, lol!), then share these and maybe you can get some help.

Edit; Plus, you may want to refer to another Go thread on this;
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/71721/factory-reset-and-firmware-update-the-right-w...

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers