cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Software Build 17.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Update 5/15/2020: Hey everyone - thanks again for your patience during this rollout. The team just pushed out an update to those of you who have already received the v17 software update. This new build should resolve the blue screen crashes that some of you have reported. We have also pushed this same update to the PTC channel to those of you who have hit this issue on PTC but have not yet received the live version. Please do continue to let us know if you experience any problems with this new update using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software and by contacting customer support. Thank you!

---

Social Reporting

• We’ve made usability improvements to the in-VR reporting flow

Oculus Link

• You can now control audio and mic settings for Oculus Link directly from your Quest.
  • During setup, the Oculus desktop app will now let you know if your USB cable meets the standards required to power Link.
  • General stability improvements

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where some Rift users would join a party and couldn’t be heard by other party members. 
153 REPLIES 153

Kareshi
Heroic Explorer
lmo9te21bcjh.gif

huliqan
Adventurer
Well, why do we need this update? We have Rift S and Why should we be updated?
Let's already split the oculus program so that we do not download updates that are constantly useless to us !!! (((((((((((((((((((((((((((( (((((((((((((

huliqan
Adventurer
I blocked your updates! I stay on v.16
just add in C:\Program Files\Oculus\
two empty txt files without .txt (rename and delete it)
Staging
tmp
With this files oculus software can't update automatically !!!

Richooal
Consultant

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where some Rift users would join a party and couldn’t be heard by other party members. 

Would prefer to see........
Fixes
              Fixed an issue where some Rift users would request fixes and aren't heard by Dev Team members.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Dakiller1009
Explorer
did they bother to check and make sure certain games work? i could not play pavlov at all on the ptc 17 and had to revert to version 16. I  haven't tried playing it with the non ptc version. But  I don't have high hopes

TheXReal
Protege

did they bother to check and make sure certain games work? i could not play pavlov at all on the ptc 17 and had to revert to version 16. I  haven't tried playing it with the non ptc version. But  I don't have high hopes

At this point i think most people would say don't update and just stay in the version you're in, because knowing Oculus the problem might still be there.

Bwall22
Honored Guest

huliqan said:

I blocked your updates! I stay on v.16
just add in C:\Program Files\Oculus\
two empty txt files without .txt (rename and delete it)
Staging
tmp
With this files oculus software can't update automatically !!!

Does this really work?  I added the tmp file (removed .txt), but windows won't let me add Staging as "there is already a folder with that name" even though its a file I'm adding and not a folder.

Fededale
Honored Guest
Xplane 11 don't work on V17. I'm rolling back to V16! (thank you Nigsy... 😉 )

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Fededale said:

Xplane 11 don't work on V17. I'm rolling back to V16! (thank you Nigsy... 😉 )

Ya, I've pretty well given up using my Rift cv1 with x plane 11 because it's been pretty buggy since Oculus v13.  I'm now just using my Vive Pro for all my flight/racing sims.  All my sims look better with my Vive Pro anyway.

Strange but when I run xp11 with my Quest, wireless with Virtual Desktop it runs fine and shutdown works properly as well.  I think that this is because it launches with SteamVR (like my Vive Pro).  Still, looks much better with my Vive Pro though.

Quest wired with Link (official link cable) has the same issues as my Rift cv1.  So, def an Oculus software related issue imho.  Hopefully Oculus will eventually sort this out.  Whatever changes they made going from v12 to v13 caused this so you would think that they could see what code changes may have caused this.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers