cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, we encountered an error during installation

gunjindude
Protege
I keep getting the "Sorry, we encountered an error during installation" error after downloading then redownloading and redownloading the Oculus software.

I have:
Fully uninstalled previous Oculus software
Gone through the full permissions restoration via regedit (no prompts came up)
Disconnected all Oculus hardware
Win 10 64bit

Are there any other solutions?

I know I am not alone with this problem.  Has Oculus actually acknowledged that this is a problem? Is there a fix incoming?

33 REPLIES 33

kaiquerh
Honored Guest

Managed to get OculusSetup to complete successfully.

It seems the problem for me was Unity's latest update installed a more recent Visual C++ redist. I uninstalled all Visual C++ 2015 entries, cleared out C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Oculus, rebooted, and the installation completed successfully.

If you are getting an error, opening that directory will have an OculusSetup.log that should be able to direct you to exactly what is causing the issue.

I love u  :# :# :# :#

benplace
Rising Star
If others are still having this problem, if you have a proxy enabled in Internet options, disable that and try again.  That fixed it for me.

DevilBaCho
Honored Guest
Still having issues, No Idea how to fix it

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Read my announcement at top of forums 
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

mrchantey
Honored Guest
I needed to unplug my quest during the install

PsyFoxxx
Honored Guest
This problem just destroyed my party with friends today. Sad situation

ginkgonk
Honored Guest
This problem bugs me NOW.

Turbolego
Explorer

chantey_x said:

I needed to unplug my quest during the install

Same here, except i have an old Oculus DK2 that i use for dev-work on my laptop.
Unplugging the DK2 during the install worked fine, thanks!  😄

OculusAiden
Honored Guest

I keep getting the "Sorry, we encountered an error during installation" error after downloading then redownloading and redownloading the Oculus software.

I have:
Fully uninstalled previous Oculus software
Gone through the full permissions restoration via regedit (no prompts came up)
Disconnected all Oculus hardware
Win 10 64bit

Are there any other solutions?

I know I am not alone with this problem.  Has Oculus actually acknowledged that this is a problem? Is there a fix incoming?

that is interesting. ill try it

prlcoelho
Honored Guest
13th of May 2020 and this BS is still an issue! Brand new windows install. The inability to seamless choose where to install the software added to this error just makes this not worth it. Last time trusting anything from Oculus.