cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Enable Developer Mode

Noti0N
Explorer
I have a new Quest and am attempting to enable Developer mode.   I have followed the guide lines published to setup a new organization - unfortunately when I toggle the developer mode which launched the Create Organization requirement in a web page.  After entering a new organization, the developer mode will not enable.  Does anybody have any idea why this process does not work?
119 REPLIES 119

dansopanso
Explorer
got the same problem. i don't use facebook login or the facebook app on my device. tried to restart and everything. so the only working solution is to try another device?

dansopanso
Explorer
ok i think i found the solution... it is very similar to what Emilian1978 posted:

you need to be logged in with your mobile browser in your oculus account (with a browser that accepts cookies) and you need to have created an organisation.

The app tries to use your browser and check into your account. if that doesn't work it shows you the creator link... not a very intuitive way to tell me that my browser is not logged-in but i think this was the problem.

dansopanso
Explorer
ok you can try this without the need of another device or restarting the oculus.

go to the creator link and scroll down to the part where they write that you need to create an organisation.
follow this link and log-in to your account. if you don't have an organisation yet, create one.
make sure you are using a web-browser with enabled cookies and don't log-out.

when you try to enable the developer mode, the app will access your browser and check into your account. if you are not logged in (and don't have an organisation created?) it won't work.

It would be nice to get a bit more precise error message here, but i think this should work.

AtomVsPilot
Honored Guest
It doesn't work Period. Software is trash.

TheRealTempest
Honored Guest
OK - I got it...  Make sure that you are logged in on the browser with the same user as the Oculus app....   I had one e-mail address on one and a different email address on the other - hence 2 accounts...  I logged out on the website, logged in with the same account as the Android app (since thats where all my purchases were done) and voila I was able to activate Developer mode...   and it only took an hour and a half to figure that out... there are others that said similar but not as  clear (I think....)

irontal
Honored Guest
the only thing that helped me after hours of searching- install adbGUI

httpszzzzzz://ez-360.com/knowledge-base/vr-headset-doesnt-show-on-my-computer

sorry for all the zzzz. Otherwize couldn't paste the link. delete them

Fix: Follow the steps below

1. Download the latest version of adbGUI

2. Unzip the folder

3. Double click on “adbGUI”

4. Check in the Oculus Go if you need to give permission

5. Your Oculus Go should now be connected succesfully.

LegoBeanToy
Honored Guest
when i try to make a organization it tells me to add a payment method which i tried a million times and does not accept it, does anyone else have this problem?

Neubody
Honored Guest
Because I don't own a cell phone I had to use a fucking friend's cell phone to activate this piece of garbage, so now i'm fucking screwed because my PC oculus info is different from the phone's info or some shit, the Quest uses her and her phone's info and at some god damn point my facebook login and my oculus login were merged (???) so now I can't activate dev mode on her phone because I don't fucking know, it's a mess and Oculus and Facebook are fucking garbage. 

JapCracker
Honored Guest
I had the same problem, just use their garbage mobile website to create the organization, go back and then enable developer mode all on the same phone, login through facebook is what it made me do in the end.

david_cole100
Honored Guest
Bloody hell this sucks. You should be able to plug it in and turn it on. Truly terrible experience