cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Software Build 17.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Update 5/15/2020: Hey everyone - thanks again for your patience during this rollout. The team just pushed out an update to those of you who have already received the v17 software update. This new build should resolve the blue screen crashes that some of you have reported. We have also pushed this same update to the PTC channel to those of you who have hit this issue on PTC but have not yet received the live version. Please do continue to let us know if you experience any problems with this new update using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software and by contacting customer support. Thank you!

---

Social Reporting

• We’ve made usability improvements to the in-VR reporting flow

Oculus Link

• You can now control audio and mic settings for Oculus Link directly from your Quest.
  • During setup, the Oculus desktop app will now let you know if your USB cable meets the standards required to power Link.
  • General stability improvements

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where some Rift users would join a party and couldn’t be heard by other party members. 
153 REPLIES 153

TheXReal
Protege
THX for the shitty force update i just got from nowhere oculus.....

OakWoodz
Honored Guest
The Quest needs updates aswell. it isn't always about the PC playerbase.

valentin_souric
Explorer
@ShowbizDonkey
Blue screen of death irql_not_less_or_equal (portcls.sys failed) now fixed in oculus software : 17.0.0.183.462
with oculus quest headset version :
- system version : 6023800249000000
- version : 16.0.0.138.450.210938897
- runtime version : 16.0.0.139.450.210946745
Thanks (a lot)

(For some reason, headset does not display any update available in about section (Universal menu), will report in appropriate place)

bitzie
Expert Protege

OakWoodz said:

Thank you so much for this! With everything going on right now, I really needed to see something like this. Of course, now I have to do a load of laundry because I peed my pants laughing so ridiculously hard.

Kelju
Protege

Kelju said:

Downloading now. scared s***less.
As a horror fan. i find it funny that scariest thing in vr, is new oculus update 😄

So my fears came true. Really Oculus, really....?
kb08vf9pygg7.pngy74o24iuxmiu.png
The hmd is connected to oculus recommended inatek usb card, by it self. sensors are in mb usb3 ports. all have worked well till now.
it worked with the initial v17 update, now this new "hot fix" broke it.
current version is:
Oculus App Version 17.0.0.183.462 (17.0.0.183.462)

How the hell you can keep doing this.

and yes i have tried unpluging and repluging the hmd.

TheXReal
Protege

Kelju said:

Kelju said:

As a horror fan. i find it funny that scariest thing in vr, is new oculus update 😄

The hmd is connected to oculus recommended inatek usb card, by it self. sensors are in mb usb3 ports. all have worked well till now.
current version is:

When i used a USB card i only used it for the sensors not the HMD.
don't know if trying to switch it around helps but i would say try.

and yeah i got forced into this update and i have the Usb problem too and i have bad tracking here and there again.
so Oculus 10/10 last time 💔

Richooal
Consultant

Kelju said:

Kelju said:

current version is:

Same here.
Almost 3 years with the same hardware, same Rift CV1, same sensors and Touch Controllers. Now all of a sudden my USB ports aren't good enough.

Come on Oculus, you can't keep breaking stuff without consequence. You know that your Quest users are watching this and they know what to expect as soon as you release a new headset.

Please: LEAVE THE RIFT HEADSETS ALONE WITH WORKING SOFTWARE. INTRODUCE A SEPARATE PIECE OF SOFTWARE FOR THE QUEST LINK USERS.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

bitzie said:

OakWoodz said:

Thank you so much for this! With everything going on right now, I really needed to see something like this. Of course, now I have to do a load of laundry because I peed my pants laughing so ridiculously hard.

Ya, same here @bit@bitzie.  At +65yo I think I may now need Adult Pampers (or a lot of regular ones with a lot of duct tape, lol!).

Actually, now I have a Quest with the official Link cable all you other Oculus PCVR guys/gals can pee off.  Also, since I have gotten my Quest wireless with Virtual Desktop, all you Vive wireless guys/gals can pee off as well.

All this talk about peeing has made me cut this post shor
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

dhrto
Expert Protege

Richooal said:

Same here.
Almost 3 years with the same hardware, same Rift CV1, same sensors and Touch Controllers. Now all of a sudden my USB ports aren't good enough.

For me it's 4 years working with no noticeable problems with an Inateck (the recommended one) card. I haven't turned on my Oculus PC yet since Saturday and now I'm very hesitant to do so after reading these messages... 

I do know one thing for sure. If this is not resolved quickly then it will be bye bye Oculus, hello Index... (or maybe Pimax).

Kareshi
Heroic Explorer

dhrto said:

Richooal said:

Same here.

For me it's 4 years working with no noticeable problems with an Inateck (the recommended one) card. I haven't turned on my Oculus PC yet since Saturday and now I'm very hesitant to do so after reading these messages... 

I do know one thing for sure. If this is not resolved quickly then it will be bye bye Oculus, hello Index... (or maybe Pimax).

Honestly considering moving to another HMD who actually gives a damn to be honest, these people only care about the Quest, absolutely no love whatsoever for the Rift and Rift S. If you don't want to get forced to update, I suggest to turn on the PC without any internet connection, stop the oculus service via the tray tool, or task manager and block access to and from oculus with the host file, that's what I did to stay in v16.