cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lone echo keeps crashing

Kitkat0981
Explorer
Purchased this game yesterday and keeps crashing.

i have Rift S with i7-9700k with RTX2070 and 32gb ram.

i tried several things in the forums of changing settings and graphics and still keeps crashing. Requested refund says I played more then 2hrs yet I haven’t even done 10% of the game.

for being the most expensive game in the store this is REALLY BAD !

what next?

from what I read the developers are not interested in providing any support.
52 REPLIES 52

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

dburne said:

Well as it has been a while since so I gave Lone Echo one more shot.
Nadda, zip. Runs for just a very few minutes and then crashes to desktop as always. 
Only game in my collection that does this. Devs have never been any help whatsoever so am not going to even bother again.

Uninstalling for the last time. And I will certainly not be looking forward to Lone Echo 2.

I've been play LE mainly with my Vive Pro but today my wands needed charging so I decided to play with my good old Rift cv1.  Over the course of a couple hours I got 4x shutdowns (bug splats every ~30 minutes, sent reports).  Fortunately these just took me back to my Oculus home.  Kept trying lower settings after each one but this did not seem to make any difference.  Kinda strange, I don't even have an RTX gpu, just a gtx1080ti (stock FE, no OC).  Also have an i9 9900k with mild OC to 5.0Ghz and hyperthreading disabled and 32Gb 3000 ram.  Kinda disappointing....

Also, using an older nvidia driver 442.19 which has proven to be a very stable one for me.

I have had a couple ~1hr plays with my Quest wireless with Virtual Desktop without any game crashing problems.  Just a little controller lag and screen stutter once in a while but overall surprisingly good.  Still not quite as good as my Rift cv1 (when its not crashing, lol!).  I have not tried it with my Oculus Link Cable but I'm not in any hurry to use this again right now since my cv1 seems much better on all my other Oculus store games.  Maybe later?

I have had a few ~1hr sessions with my Vive Pro using Revive, no problems.  I'll try a longer session tomorrow and see if I can get it to crash.  Overall, visuals are best with my Pro so I'll probably attempt to finish LE with it.  I'll let you know if I get any crashes with it.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable

TomCgcmfc said:

dburne said:

Well as it has been a while since so I gave Lone Echo one more shot.
Nadda, zip. Runs for just a very few minutes and then crashes to desktop as always. 
Only game in my collection that does this. Devs have never been any help whatsoever so am not going to even bother again.

Uninstalling for the last time. And I will certainly not be looking forward to Lone Echo 2.

I've been play LE mainly with my Vive Pro but today my wands needed charging so I decided to play with my good old Rift cv1.  Over the course of a couple hours I got 4x shutdowns (bug splats every ~30 minutes, sent reports).  Fortunately these just took me back to my Oculus home.  Kept trying lower settings after each one but this did not seem to make any difference.  Kinda strange, I don't even have an RTX gpu, just a gtx1080ti (stock FE, no OC).  Also have an i9 9900k with mild OC to 5.0Ghz and hyperthreading disabled and 32Gb 3000 ram.  Kinda disappointing....

Also, using an older nvidia driver 442.19 which has proven to be a very stable one for me.

I have had a couple ~1hr plays with my Quest wireless with Virtual Desktop without any game crashing problems.  Just a little controller lag and screen stutter once in a while but overall surprisingly good.  Still not quite as good as my Rift cv1 (when its not crashing, lol!).  I have not tried it with my Oculus Link Cable but I'm not in any hurry to use this again right now since my cv1 seems much better on all my other Oculus store games.  Maybe later?

I have had a few ~1hr sessions with my Vive Pro using Revive, no problems.  I'll try a longer session tomorrow and see if I can get it to crash.  Overall, visuals are best with my Pro so I'll probably attempt to finish LE with it.  I'll let you know if I get any crashes with it.

That is precisely what is happening to me.
It usually happens within 5 minutes of starting the game.
I can never progress very far in it before it does this.
There is no telling how many error reports from bugsplat I sent in.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Ya, and to just make matters worse when I went back to my Vive Pro with Revive both my Vive controllers will no longer work properly, lol!  Now I remember why I hate Revive.  Going to get rid of it for now.

Went back to my cv1 and it worked fine.  I disabled the High Performance Mode option (meant for high end cpu's like mine) and played for 1.5 hours without a shutdown.  Maybe all the extra textures that were included was blowing out memory or something.  Who knows? 

I'll soldier on with my cv1 for now.  I'm using OTT SS=1, asw=off, cpu=high priority.  In game setting all high, AA=none, Res = 2.0, auto res disabled.  Still look pretty good but lacks the clarity I got with my Vive Pro.

I'll let you know if it crashes again, fingers crossed!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable

TomCgcmfc said:

Ya, and to just make matters worse when I went back to my Vive Pro with Revive both my Vive controllers will no longer work properly, lol!  Now I remember why I hate Revive.  Going to get rid of it for now.

Went back to my cv1 and it worked fine.  I disabled the High Performance Mode option (meant for high end cpu's like mine) and played for 1.5 hours without a shutdown.  Maybe all the extra textures that were included was blowing out memory or something.  Who knows? 

I'll soldier on with my cv1 for now.  I'm using OTT SS=1, asw=off, cpu=high priority.  In game setting all high, AA=4x, Res = 2.0, auto res disabled.  Still look pretty good but lacks the clarity I got with my Vive Pro.

I'll let you know if it crashes again, fingers crossed!

I will try those settings a little later on today and see what happens, will advise.
I have tried with high performance mode both enabled and disabled, with no difference.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Don, you probably will need to drop your in.-game resolution to 1.5 to better match your Rift S to my cv1 at 2.0.

Anonymous
Not applicable

TomCgcmfc said:

Don, you probably will need to drop your in.-game resolution to 1.5 to better match your Rift S to my cv1 at 2.0.

Ok thanks, will be trying shortly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

TomCgcmfc said:

Well no dice, now it is crashing to desktop with bugsplat within just a minute or so.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried a few more times changing some settings around, with no luck. It is crashing to bug-splat within 2-5 min now every time. Mind boggling, when all my other games are solid as can be.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Well Don, you can’t say you did not give it the good old college try mate!  I’m hoping the few changes I made ( mainly disabling high performance mode and dropping OTT SS to 1.0 so LE only honors my in-game 2.0 setting without auto res) helps.  I intend to have a nice long session later today so I guess I’ll find out soon, lol!

I’m still on Oculus v16 so I hope the forced update to v17 does not put a spanner in the works.  If it does I’ll give my Quest w/Link a go.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
OK, I just played LE for just over 1 hour without a shutdown.  I should note that I reduced the in-game AA to None.  Like Rune's said in the past AA is not that big a deal visually with the cv1 (seemed to help more with my Vive Pro for some reason).  Also, might help reduce loads, who knows, time will tell.

Also, I temporarily disconnected my Flight Sim USB sticks.  I have found a few Oculus store apps that do not like them plugged in for some reason (glider island and voxel) so I thought I'd see if it made any difference with LE.  Probably not, but I'm just trying to eliminate potential problems.