cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Software Build 17.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Update 5/15/2020: Hey everyone - thanks again for your patience during this rollout. The team just pushed out an update to those of you who have already received the v17 software update. This new build should resolve the blue screen crashes that some of you have reported. We have also pushed this same update to the PTC channel to those of you who have hit this issue on PTC but have not yet received the live version. Please do continue to let us know if you experience any problems with this new update using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software and by contacting customer support. Thank you!

---

Social Reporting

• We’ve made usability improvements to the in-VR reporting flow

Oculus Link

• You can now control audio and mic settings for Oculus Link directly from your Quest.
  • During setup, the Oculus desktop app will now let you know if your USB cable meets the standards required to power Link.
  • General stability improvements

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where some Rift users would join a party and couldn’t be heard by other party members. 
153 REPLIES 153

YoLolo69
Trustee
It is an USB 3 port for years, and re plugging several times fix your *#*#!!@  message. My CV1 is always connected usually. Now I will break my USB and HDMI port unplugging re-plugging them all the times.

Don't be fooled by my vulcan stoical face, I'm really angry by this new update and by you Oculus Devs, period.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Isn't V17 still PTC? Unchecking the Beta opt-in reverts back to V16 - at least it does for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

jseams said:

Isn't V17 still PTC? Unchecking the Beta opt-in reverts back to V16 - at least it does for me.

No, it is on the release channel now. If yours rolled back to 16 it will likely update shortly to 17.

Anonymous
Not applicable

dburne said:

jseams said:

No, it is on the release channel now. If yours rolled back to 16 it will likely update shortly to 17.

Thanks, I probably shouldn't be surprised. I think I was the very last person to get 16 pushed to my Quest. lol

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Hey folks - I'm asking the team about the USB 3 warning message that some of you are seeing on Rift / Rift S. In the meantime, could those of you who are newly and unexpectedly seeing the warning (i.e. you've confirmed that your headset is actually plugged into a USB 3 port rather than a USB 2 port) please use the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the desktop software to submit a bug report. Please be sure to tick the box allowing your system information to be submitted along with the report. This is hugely helpful for our investigation - thank you!

Kareshi
Heroic Explorer

Hey folks - I'm asking the team about the USB 3 warning message that some of you are seeing on Rift / Rift S. In the meantime, could those of you who are newly and unexpectedly seeing the warning (i.e. you've confirmed that your headset is actually plugged into a USB 3 port rather than a USB 2 port) please use the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the desktop software to submit a bug report. Please be sure to tick the box allowing your system information to be submitted along with the report. This is hugely helpful for our investigation - thank you!

Kareshi
Heroic Explorer
I'm 100% certain the have completely abandoned the Rift and Rift S, not only that, but ever since v12 they have added issues onto both HMDs when they worked fine beforehand and they haven't addressed any of them whatsoever, nor have they fixed the issues with their garbage software. 

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star
Well, like I said once before a while back....since v12...what oculus seems to be doing with updates (being shitty) this is the new norm unfortunately for us cv1 users (and everything else). Definitely makes me want to look to another gen 2 HMD (when it comes)... To me, it's going to take a lot for oculus to redeem themselves...5 new number version updates and still the same shit!!!

Hopefully someone else with gen 2 HMD will have better success at updating...not expecting much though now-a-days!!!

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, like I said once before a while back....since v12...what oculus seems to be doing with updates (being shitty) this is the new norm unfortunately for us cv1 users (and everything else). Definitely makes me want to look to another gen 2 HMD (when it comes)... To me, it's going to take a lot for oculus to redeem themselves...5 new number version updates and still the same shit!!!

Hopefully someone else with gen 2 HMD will have better success at updating...not expecting much though now-a-days!!!

Yeah I am enjoying my Rift S and really have been lucky as I am not having issues with these latest versions of software.
However for my next headset, when a new Gen so to speak comes out, it will likely not be by Oculus. Unless they really surprise me.
If I was not so spoiled on the inside/out tracking now ( which Oculus does quite well), I would grab an Index. I will just wait and see what comes down the pike. Likely this virus crap is going to delay a lot of stuff I expect.

Doc_62
Explorer
This is BS. 4 days now my CV1 has been a brick. Just a black screen. In that time, the only thing I have got since opening a ticket is unplug the headset
.eb2gatvdv8tu.jpg