cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I download games to my PC for storage, then upload to Quest when wanted

TupeloB
Explorer
Newbie here. My Quest is arriving in three days. I'd like to purchase games online and move to a PC hard drive. Then link to my Quest and upload games to it. Any problems with that?
9 REPLIES 9

Kentobi
Heroic Explorer
Can I ask why? Maybe your WiFi is not great, but what advantage are you looking for by doing that?

TupeloB
Explorer
Two reasons: 1. I can store more on my PC hard drive than on my Oculus Quest 64 gb. I have seen more than 64 gb worth of games that I like. 2. I assume that uploading from my PC is significantly faster than uploading via WIFI, so I wouldn't have to wait as long.

Kentobi
Heroic Explorer
Maybe what you're asking for can be done with SideQuest,  but - 
1. Honestly really truly, you have to work to fill up that 64G Quest. I haven't felt the need to delete anything off of my Quest yet, though I have taken off a few things that I know I'm compleltly done with. Even without that, I wouldn't have hit capacity. And you can always redownload.

2.This is probably the bigher deal for you, given slower wifi - but even to the first point, VR games are smaller than you likely expect. They aren't the large downloads you may be expecting as a PC or Console player. I've never felt like that was a hinderance to my VR experience.

TupeloB
Explorer
Thanks. Good info. What concerns me it that when I look at the description of the games, most of them are 1-3 gb. For example Vader Immortal says it is 2.67gb. At that rate I'd fill up my 64gb with 24 games. And when I download from the internet, 1gb takes more than an hour (and that's when everyone in my neighborhood is asleep). I was hoping I wouldn't have to tie up my family internet for a day.

phalanxnz
Explorer
I filled my 64GB Quest in a couple of days. Wish I got the larger model now 😞 To answer your questions. If you have a vr ready pc. You can download all your games you want on your pc through steam and play them with the link cable or virtual desktop

TupeloB
Explorer
Thanks. My PC is not VR ready. After I download to my PC can I use link cable to upload to my Quest?

phalanxnz
Explorer
I don't think so. As you will have to get your games via the headset/oculus app store.

TupeloB
Explorer
Thanks for the reply. I have buyer's remorse already. LOL.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

TupeloB said:

Thanks for the reply. I have buyer's remorse already. LOL.

Either return or sell it then, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers